• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 19-23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMGeneral

I have most everything loaded,I have to grease the M62A1 and M322 tomorrow as well as replace the front cab mount rubber cushions.

I hope to leave out here at around 0730 or 0800 Wed morning.

At this point,I think the whole combo grosses about 53,000 lbs!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have most everything loaded,I have to grease the M62A1 and M322 tomorrow as well as replace the front cab mount rubber cushions.

I hope to leave out here at around 0730 or 0800 Wed morning.

At this point,I think the whole combo grosses about 53,000 lbs!
All this in a 60 yr old truck. Gotta love it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure what's worse, 90° or rain. One more wakeup and we are on the road. Kids stuff is packed for the trip. Few items to load in the truck and we are done. We will meet up with microjeep at 6am and head over. Normally a 12 hour hike, I will enjoy my 3-4 hour ride this time.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Murphy raised his ugly head and tried to throw a monkey wrench into our plans by sabotaging the engine in my dually about 6 weeks ago.

Because my mechanic was swamped I sent it to a well known local diesel shop and was told "we'll get right on it...every time I called they said "working on it...looking good". Thursday morning I called and said I needed the truck back by today (Monday) and was told they couldn't make it!:shock:

So...I sent one of my rollbacks to retrieve the dually and guess what?? It hadn't been touched except to diagnose the problem!! (Cracked heads?). I made it plain that the fruit of their labor would NOT be rewarded.!!

SO...Troy ordered two new heads, new head studs (instead of bolts) and everything else needed (came in Friday afternoon) and he and Carl did the entire job in two (2) days!!

They had the truck running yesterday (Sunday) around noon and found the #7 injector is bad suddenly...oh well...that's a semi easy fix. Still have two days before rollout.:beer:

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You've got good troops Papabear. Sad that a man can stand there with a fist full of pesos trying to hand it to a business and they refuse to take it. How on earth can you run a bidness like that.

Oh, I'll be there in 25 hours.

TMNT

We will likely be there Thursday. Work is getting in the way here big time. Was supposed to be on vacation all week but it didn't work out that way. Hope to do some prep on Wednesday and roll out Thursday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks