• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2017 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 18-22, 2017

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you regularly drive a manual transmission vehicle, you should not have any problems driving a deuce. Two things to remember, when maneuvering in first or reverse, use low range, and all steering is "ARMSTRONG", but much easier when actually rolling. And, of course, you will learn to love the right hand lane (or endure it as the case may be).

rubicon_in_ga

Oh I can drive a stick no problem, my Jeep is a manual, and not my first by far. My issue has always been the size of these things. I get a little nervous driving anything bigger than a full size pickup, afraid I'm gonna get off the side of the road or cross the center line. And I will say, armstrong steering doesn't bother me. My old CJ7 was manual steering and lemme tell you, turning 33's on pavement from a standstill was interesting to say the least! :)

I got clearance from the girlfriend/wife-to-be to come out on Saturday, Oct 21st, but she's volunteered me to help direct/park cars at her Uncles wedding on the 22nd. lol I'm hoping we'll both be there Saturday! :)

Now. . . . which to buy first. . . M35a2, M275, M818, M816. . . oh the list. . . LOL

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Not to hijack the camaraderie and friendly banter, but from a lurking wannabe Deuce owner, how difficult would it be to sweet talk somebody into teaching me how to drive a Deuce at the rally? I have always wanted one, and I'm approaching the financial freedom to finally be able to own one, but I've never driven a Deuce before and frankly, I'm a little nervous. I drove one of the really big U haul trucks before and frankly the size scared the **** out of me, but I thought learning in a controlled environment would be the perfect start before trying to procure a truck and then drive the beast home with zero experience. Any takers. . . er. . . teachers out there?

For the record, I'm 38 years old, not a 17 year old wild child. LOL I won't hurt your babies, I promise. :)
Speak to Mahala. She can teach you to make the deuce fly!!:papabear: :clinto:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, Mahala has flown deuces, and we have You Tube to prove it. You'll be able to recognize her by her tee-shirt, which says "If I had balls, they would be bigger than yours!".

poppop

Mahala proved to me that it is impossible to turn a Duece over backwards by trying to climb a vertical cliff. And she tried at least 10 times. I was to scared to try. Do they still come to the Rally since they moved???

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Mahala proved to me that it is impossible to turn a Duece over backwards by trying to climb a vertical cliff. And she tried at least 10 times. I was to scared to try. Do they still come to the Rally since they moved???
We have not missed a rally since we started coming to them. Oh, we never moved, we bought a house but life had other plans so it just became a vacation home. That's why the location under my profile pic has 2 locations.

Last edited:

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Not to hijack the camaraderie and friendly banter, but from a lurking wannabe Deuce owner, how difficult would it be to sweet talk somebody into teaching me how to drive a Deuce at the rally? I have always wanted one, and I'm approaching the financial freedom to finally be able to own one, but I've never driven a Deuce before and frankly, I'm a little nervous. I drove one of the really big U haul trucks before and frankly the size scared the **** out of me, but I thought learning in a controlled environment would be the perfect start before trying to procure a truck and then drive the beast home with zero experience. Any takers. . . er. . . teachers out there?

For the record, I'm 38 years old, not a 17 year old wild child. LOL I won't hurt your babies, I promise. :)
I'd be happy to let you drive mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks