• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2021 Georgia Military Vehicle Rally information thread

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok, Thursday night dinner I was thinking of doing a LCB. was thinking $12 a head, I will recoupe my cost and the left over procedes will go to the rally fund.

Please PM me if you'd like to be included or with any questions/concerns/suggestions. I am not a profesional chef, this not for profit it is a bunch of people camping and going in on a meal. Money will be collected ay the rally, I will need to know by Tuesday 11/2.

LCB, Low Country Boil, Shrimp, potatoes, sausage and corn.

Depending on participation I may need to borrow a few burners and pots.
Thanks Micro

Last edited:

LanceRobson

Depending on participation I may need to borrow a few burners and pots.
Thanks Micro
Mike, I have a high output stand burner, a set of the big GI 45/60 quart pot sets and at least two former GI Cambro "ultra pan carries" that hold hotel pans. Let me know if you need them (and a propane cylinder) by Tuesday as my current plan is to cross the LD at o-dark thirty on 3 Nov.

Best regards,

Lance

sneekyeye

One thing I was looking for info on is whether we can park in the primitive woods next to our tents like we did at Durhamtown.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I posted in post#52, we (the rally) have rented the primitive area for the use of whomever would like to utilize the primitive area. The price is whatever you feel the camping is worth, suggested $5.00 a night, can be dropped off with Clinto or Gunnermac. You can drive to your primitive campsite and park there. No fires are allowed at individual camps, there is a central fire ring in the primitive area for the use of the campers in that area. This past week Clinto and myself went to Bobby Brown Park and laid out the convoy route, we also talked to the manager about several questions, As I suspected, camping is not allowed in the trade area as we are not being charged for the use of the area, I would suggest setting your items for sale at your camp site if you were not comfortable with leaving them at the trade area unattended and you have room to do so. Jack Land advised me that he will not be able to provide food service as he has prior commitments to UGA for their home games. Jim Papp will be there with his bar b que truck on Friday and Saturday.
Unfortunately we were not able to locate an area for trail rides this year, I will continue to attempt to locate one for next year.

LanceRobson

How many folks expect to be there Wednesday night that might be interested in getting together for dinner? If I have a firm(ish) headcount I'll bring one or both of my big Weber kettle grills and grill something for dinner. Chicken leg quarters would be an easy example......

Or if good traditional BBQ was desired I can either toss some pork ribs in the smoker which would only need grilled to re-heat or smoke a pork butt or two to make pulled pork to bring.

If you'll be there Wednesday night, speak up please! Sooner is better.

Lance

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The #9
I think #9 will suffice

View attachment 841269
Start with a single truck with dolly in Toronto, then make a slow drive down to the rally, picking up trailers (cargo or lowboys loaded with MVs) along the road. You will end up with your Body and Six. Quite happy to volunteer as co-driver (only driving forward); I will fly to Toronto for that :jumpin::jumpin::driver:

looks like a brilliant place, job well done.

If next year our museum and historic smithy visitor centers go ok during the summer, maybe I will join again in 2022.

Until then, :beer: have fun there without me :beer: .

LanceRobson

OK, as I'm willing to help out as needed that brings something else up:

If I understand things correctly, the swap meet area is the parking area as you drive up the slope away from the boat ramp in the Broad River camping loop and and on the road with sites 22-26 on it (the map shows that lot with a shower house on the north side and the swings area and site 24 across the road on the south side of the lot). Or is the swap meet in another spot (the map makes reference to a boat trailer lot without really showing where it is)?

I'm reserved in site 53, a waterfront site in the Savannah River loop but if the swap meet is where I described I'll change my reservation to get a site closer to the swap meet so it's easier to help out. And if it's somewhere else and I can move to be near that I will.

Thanks,

Lance

LanceRobson

Oops. I thought I was getting away clean next week but life just got me with an ankle tackle and for the second year in a row I won't be at the rally. At least it wasn't a COVID infection this time though. It is just a commitment I can't work around next week.

I hope to see many of you at the Denton, NC event in the spring.

And Site 53, a waterfront site, is open if anyone want to make or change a reservation.

Lance

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't even touched my deuce yet or gotten anything organized - I better get started. I did receive a French military surplus tent in the mail today that I intend to set up. I thought about driving my FLU419 to the rally, just to be different, but man that thing is slow!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks