• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2022 Denton Military rally thread, April 23rd-24th

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes gang, I did get second place at the show as well. View attachment 867175

On another note, In speaking with some of you at Denton, there was an interest in a Fall October/November gathering. I have the Uwharrie Farm (where the July 4th Demo derby is held) in Troy, NC available.
I had mentioned this to the owner and he seemed quite interested to get an event going. I am currently "crew chief" on his M35A2. I imagine this would start as more of a weekend "get together" as opposed to a full blown show. There is certainly enough room for it to grow if need be. Accommodations would be primitive camping style, but we are all used to that. I know there are some facilities in the National forest that would be a short drive away. Folks said It would be fun to return to the area as I understand this is where the original rally started. We would be looking at a 2023 date. Comments / ideas please. Let me know what you think. thanks!
I like the idea. Count me in if you get something going. Even if just an informal weekend gathering.

CGarbee

On another note, In speaking with some of you at Denton, there was an interest in a Fall October/November gathering. I have the Uwharrie Farm (where the July 4th Demo derby is held) in Troy, NC available.
I'm in if the event is in November... I admit that it's a hard month to schedule due to Veterans' Day and Thanksgiving events, but much better for me than October since every weekend in October is already spoken for on my calendar... ;)

Last edited:

Action

I met a lot of cool folks at the show (1st time there). The convoy was neat. Even though my leg kept cramping up. Lol.
Below is one of my pics. BTW, if any one of you was in the front seat of that Cobra, or know who was, please contact me.
Here is the guy i am trying to find...1652867688325.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks