• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oh my god.....wife posted this

akguy

Ok, so here is the problem. Enjoying this site! OOOPS........ thats not the problem. The problem is my wife. She might be tired of my " green addiction". And i haven't even bought anything yet!!!!!! aua Here is a post i found.

FREE HUSBAND TO GOOD HOME: Good condition, hardly used. He requires discipline, but he's house trained and occasionally does dishes. He's a bit temperamental and needs a good kick in the ass to work properly. His Remote, Steel Soldiers Website and computer included.
I Will consider any offers - would love to exchange for maybe a cat?

So who here has wives/girlfriends and how do they sway them over to the "green side"? Until this is resolved, i am deuce-less. Help me out here guys!!!!!

kennys@wi.rr.com

I think you need some advice from Westech, he has his wife on the site and she seems to enjoy the hobby. Or do like I did, buy a deuce and plan on parking it at another members farm so the wife will never know.

Capriceii

Reminds me of a Joke in my other hobby amateur radio.

She said if I get on the radio one more time she was going to leave me, Over....

LOL I guess it is good to be single and getting in to this, maybe I can find a woman who will share my Green addiction.

Good luck with the wife:)

akguy

Hmmmm......maybe...... WIFE FOR SALE : GREAT SHAPE, DOES DISH'S,LAUNDRY,WALKS DOGS. FAVORITE COLOR DEFINETLY NOT GREEN!!!!! 6FT. BRUNETTE. WILL NOT CONSIDER RIDING IN ANYTHING WITHOUT .....CUP HOLDERS,STEREO,LEATHER SEATS...PREFERRABLY A LINCOLN NAVIGATOR. WILL COSIDER TRADE FOR EITHER DEUCE, 5 TON OR M109. SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY.

rofl

ARYankee

Wow.... My wife was actually cool about my first deuce but the **** hit the fan on the second. So I sold it and now she is actually coming around. I just bought another deuce and she was actually happy for me. She says she wants someting with power steering so that will be the next buy :)

akguy

Your a lucky man ARYankee!!!! Hmmmm..... maybe i need to explain to her some of the benefits. Well...........uh...............darn, just can't compete with those Navigators!!!!! aua

hklvette

Due to the farm, the fiance' doesn't mind to much as it comes in handy, especially when the snow hits. Getting more may be an issue only due to space. Sure we have fields, but they're hay fields, not parking lots.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife, at best, tolerates my green truck addiction. She supports my black rifle addiction and has supported it by buying me a black rifle for Christmas. I love her just the same. Sometimes it's better to ask forgiveness than permission but that doesn't always work either. The yellow M59 was almost a deal breaker. Hope Chief Henderson enjoys it, Wendy doesn't seem to mind.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife let me get the first truck along with 4M105s, an M101, an M373A2, a second truck and then finally the M818.

The 818 was going to be a secret. I got off work early and had it towed to the house and getting ready to put it in the back of the barn so I could work on it. I forgot she got home early on Fridays and she caught me in the driveway. She didn't say a word, just drove away and called me on the cell phone.

I said, "but honey I told you I was converting a Deuce to a tractor and that's why I'm home early".

She said, "yeah, but you left the new GL tag on the side of the truck".

BUSTED!!

Oh well, she isn't that mad at me and she likes the big truck better than the other two.

she's a keeper.

steve

number9

Hmm..... have you just tried being the MAN of the house and buying one...... you could give her the courtesy of telling her what you plan to do before you actually buy it if you want. [thumbzup]

Just saying....... :confused:

davidkroberts

well my first was a Gama Goat....that didnt run, shift,stop,and had a few flats when i got it. She wasnt real happy about it. since then ive had a unimog 404 and a m715 and recently a M101 trailer. We use them allot since they are our only trucks or trailers at the house. I hauled a ton of sand for the kids pool. took the garbage and tree limps off, picked up here new washing machine in it (gave three times as much for it as i did the truck, forgot to tell her that) and we use my trucks when the yearly ice storms come in.

I guess that eventually if you use it around the house enough she will get used to it. I think mine just had to see that it was useful at least some of the time. She has gotten over it but still wont let me park more than one at the house. the rest have to go in the field at moms.... its a decent compromise.:driver:

Mt Doom Field Owner

I Will consider any offers - would love to exchange for maybe a cat?
Saying she would trade for a "cat" ... oh.. that is a low blow. Now a nice DOG and that would not have been much of an insult! Incidentally a feral cat hangs out within the frame of my deuce and is rarely seen. I figure it will eat any mice that try to home inside so I just leave it along. Don't know if it goes for rides under there or not but suspect it bales out when the engine fires up. My wife doesn't care to go on rides in the deuce but assists the granddaughters in taking extra food, water, snacks, sunscreen, hats, bug repellent and assortments of other girl accessories whenever we go on just a 30 minute sundown ride. I believe deep down inside she sort of likes the green beast.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks