• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oh my god.....wife posted this

srodocker

mine told me to wait till im older *were both 21* and i still got a truck and just the other she has came around so much she acutally wanted to drive it :p

jtrojan715

i dont have a deuce YET but hav a 44 MB wife said i can buy what ever i want as long as it doesnt sit in the yard or get in to the household budget. she doesnt understand the addiction but is surportive of me:smile:

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shortly after I first started playing with trucks I came in from the garage covered in grease not knowing a friend of her's had stopped by. She introduced me to her friend and told her that I had spent the better part of the weekend working on my truck. Her friend then gave her a wierd look and asked my wife "don't you mind him working on those things and making a big mess in the process?". I darn near dropped my glass of water when I heard the wife respond with "It could be worse, he could be out bar hopping and hitting on other women. At least with the truck I know where to find him".

It also helps that my wife believes in our Country as she is active duty Air Force and supports my playing with green vehicles as a tribute to those that lost their lives in defense of our Country.

Ruppster

FrankUSMC

My wife, or as I call her, the Bride, just bought me a M274A5 mule (look at Mules of America website), she got me the commanders version.. I own over 25 military vehicles, would give them all away to keep her, I got lucky, very lucky, I married my best friend.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

FrankUSMC

Was over 35, but have started down sizing. Just sold all my WWII Marine Internationals, hope to have the 1941 WC-1 gone in a couple of weeks, would like to get down to an even 12 vehicles.

FrankUSMC

Ruppster
Nope, her vehicle is an all matching 1943 Ford jeep. We used it in our wedding 13 years ago, and I took her out on our first date in it.

akguy

Well Frankusmc, thank you for your service! Love to see some pics of your "fleet"!!!!! One day soon will own an M35a2 and will forever be thanking my wife..........continuously......hahahahaha

Well as far as wives go, I definitely have a keeper, but she balked a little when I had to drive the Deuce to the bank one day , and then to church that Sunday when our other vehicles were broke. She made me park it behind the church where supposedly no one would see it. But guess what everyone saw it and had lots of cool questions.

saddamsnightmare

May 27th, 2010.

You can always tell your wife you know a guy who when he got married, already owned a 70 ton operating railroad dining car, went on to own a caboose, one 125 ton diesel locomotive, and almost bought a 195 ton ocean going tugboat...... Now all I own is a M35A2, M105A2,Unimog and generator set, and the wife gets a new Jeep every 5 to 9 years.... She could have it much worse...

BUT now is the time to get an understanding going, the wife can stay and a duece can come into the yard, or the deuce can come and the wife will go.... :shock:A very simple equation there....:-?
You should've had the deuce before you got married......:beer: It's much easier to housebreak them (the wives)that way.....

Good Luck.

akguy

Ok everyone, i have relented and promised to go to jewlery store. aua So apparently if i get her a diamond, i get a more tolerant wife when it comes to this site and the subject of O.D. trucks??? Hmmmmm.........

akguy

Since she likes lincoln navigators, i could promise to "upgrade" the deuce. So lets see.......going to need leather seats....heated of course, tilt strg wheel, GPs, 400 watt stereo ( Bose of course), power windows, powerful v-8, Ok, who has some TM's???? hahahahahaha

blybrook

From another forum

There's a similar discussion on one of the other forums I frequent. I have a slight obsession with IH Scouts. My g/f understands, especially after I bought one for her. But I digress...

Anyway, one of the gent's there has this response for his wife when she doesn't like what his purchase is:

"I have had some very limited success with this on my wife:

""Honey, men just need to obsess over SOMETHING. It is our genetic inheritance from the time when we had to hunt and kill all the time. If you don't let me obsess over these [enter your problem here], then I will end up obsessing over a woman, or gambling or something bad.""

Caution: Use at your own risk!"

Don't know if this will help you or not, specially if you are already headed for the jewelry store...

Dodge man

Was over 35, but have started down sizing. Just sold all my WWII Marine Internationals, hope to have the 1941 WC-1 gone in a couple of weeks, would like to get down to an even 12 vehicles.
I can help you with that. Just give me your address and point out which ones are running!

akguy

So here's an idea , buy truck....:driver: park said truck in someone else's yard and she nevers finds out???? Sounds coool....... So who volunteers their yards?????????