• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil additives

t120r

Being a mechanic for my whole life I have used every type of snake oil there is. But considering how long the multi fuel takes to build up oil pressure I was wondering if anyone here has has used any additive.

I have put militec in my multi fuel so i know that at least there is some film on the crank journals. Most of the cranks that are 1965-1978 seem to be turned to .020 under. I have kept records over the years of m35a2 trucks with multifuels and have come up with this. Maybe it is just the military but i think not.

9 of 10 engines with 14,000 or less had 20 under cranks. That is awfull.
Has anyone tried lucas oil stabilizer yet?

just a thought and observation.

MD

Gamagoat1

STP, STP, STP.
Works. I took an engine apart that had 3,000 since oil change, mains were oiled as well as the rods, plenty enough for the cushion.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm all-about Lucas products! The testimonies are hard to argue with. They sold me. Plenty of use and support throughout the trucking industry and NHRA.