• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil additives

t120r

Being a mechanic for my whole life I have used every type of snake oil there is. But considering how long the multi fuel takes to build up oil pressure I was wondering if anyone here has has used any additive.

I have put militec in my multi fuel so i know that at least there is some film on the crank journals. Most of the cranks that are 1965-1978 seem to be turned to .020 under. I have kept records over the years of m35a2 trucks with multifuels and have come up with this. Maybe it is just the military but i think not.

9 of 10 engines with 14,000 or less had 20 under cranks. That is awfull.
Has anyone tried lucas oil stabilizer yet?

just a thought and observation.

MD

Gamagoat1

STP, STP, STP.
Works. I took an engine apart that had 3,000 since oil change, mains were oiled as well as the rods, plenty enough for the cushion.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm all-about Lucas products! The testimonies are hard to argue with. They sold me. Plenty of use and support throughout the trucking industry and NHRA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks