• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil cooler hose ideas

notsosanestan

I was thinking could u cut off the rubber hose and compression part. Then flare the tube and put a fitting on it? Then use stainless hose and connect it to the rad

Last edited:

jj

I tried a similar approach on oil cooler hoses from a 2002 G van with a 6.5. The hoses were of similar construction. The aluminum in the hard lines is very hard, that is, it does not take a flare without splitting. I tried single and double flaring. I don't know if the aluminum could be annealed to take the flare, then re-hardened for strength. In the end, i went with all braided hose, but all of the ports on the 6.5 block and coolers were 1/2"NPT, so adapting things was easy. The radiator cooler in my M-1009 has an oddball size thread that i never could find a suitable adapter.

Dodgeman1941

I used a ferrel type compression fitting on the aluminum lines. Take them to a hydolic hose supply co and they should be able set you up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks