• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil cooler hose ideas

notsosanestan

I was thinking could u cut off the rubber hose and compression part. Then flare the tube and put a fitting on it? Then use stainless hose and connect it to the rad

Last edited:

jj

I tried a similar approach on oil cooler hoses from a 2002 G van with a 6.5. The hoses were of similar construction. The aluminum in the hard lines is very hard, that is, it does not take a flare without splitting. I tried single and double flaring. I don't know if the aluminum could be annealed to take the flare, then re-hardened for strength. In the end, i went with all braided hose, but all of the ports on the 6.5 block and coolers were 1/2"NPT, so adapting things was easy. The radiator cooler in my M-1009 has an oddball size thread that i never could find a suitable adapter.

Dodgeman1941

I used a ferrel type compression fitting on the aluminum lines. Take them to a hydolic hose supply co and they should be able set you up.