• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Cooler line leak...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My old ones where leaking were they come close together, before they fit into the engine. The Motorpool cut the old top line with rubber tubing and clamps. That is were I wrapped both lines in rubber tubing and clamped snug. No metal to metal wear.
So you're trusting the well being of your engine to a $0.99 hose clamp?

Csm Davis

I just ordered one of the oil cooler pipes that runs across the radiator, from Chevy . Used the part number from a 1985 GM CUCV manual and it was still a good number. Cost $38 plus sales tax, I was satisfied with that. I replaced the 2 oil cooler flexible lines with Napa parts last year, what a job getting them out and back in!!!!!! JT
Jatonka we all could benefit from that number I have been told many times those lines were discontinued.

usmcpatriot

To patracy

To patracy, you misunderstood me, I changed the engine cooler lines, when I found them to be leaking. Went to napa, with the TM numbers, and got the Dorman equivalent. After removing the old ones, we noticed they sprung a leak where they touch. The top line and the bottom line rub. Being they are aluminum, they wear. The motorpool (when still in service) just rigged a rubber tube with clamps as a fix. So I changed them and enclosed the new ones with rubber where they meet and clamped them together. No more rubbing. Come on now!;)

Vhyle

I see that my oil cooler lines are damp in the same crimps, so I'm replying basically to bookmark this thread for my own reference. Thanks to those who have provided part numbers.

unaffiliated

As far as the tubes that go across the radiator are concerned, that is something that baffles me. The oil cooler lines come out on the left side of the engine but go to the right side of the radiator, while the trans cooler lines come out of the right side of the trans and go to the left side of the radiator. Seems kind of stupid to me why they both cross over. But hey, what the crap do I know, I'm not an engineer getting payed big bucks to over complicate something.

Gov Junk

The route I went was to replace ALL of it with hydraulic hose. I used 3/8" NPT to #6 JIC fittings in the block and a fluid cooler with -6 AN fittings for trans or oil mounted in front of the radiator. Cooler available from one of the large high performance parts companies. Cooler is about $50.00-$60.00.Less than $100.00 in the whole operation and you can forget about it.

southdave

The route I went was to replace ALL of it with hydraulic hose. I used 3/8" NPT to #6 JIC fittings in the block and a fluid cooler with -6 AN fittings for trans or oil mounted in front of the radiator. Cooler available from one of the large high performance parts companies. Cooler is about $50.00-$60.00.Less than $100.00 in the whole operation and you can forget about it.
I have done this on my cucv, I also install an oil gauge and check for puddles every time I enter the truck..GM never got any better wth these lines they all leak be it 6.2 in cucv or 6.5 turbo in a 99 k3500. If yousearch internet there all kind of aftermarket kits to rectify this, they are all consist of NPT plumbing fitting and a bunch of hosing. cheaper to assemble yourself.

jatonka

Here are the GM part numbers for all 4 oil cooler lines:

Pipe, oil cooler inlet, the upper alum pipe,.......14061344

Pipe, oil cooler outlet, the lower pipe...............14061345

Hose, oil cooler inlet,.....................................14061346 exc. ambulance which is......14063336

Hose,oil cooler, outlet....................................14061347 exc. ambulance which is........14063337

I know the lower pipe is available, I just bought one at my Chevy dealer for about $38

Merry Christmas to all, JT

usmcpatriot

Dorman 625-154 and 625-155 are both the top line and the bottom line. Napa has both, give them the GM number, they will give you the Dorman replacement. Done deal.

Lagers4myhead

thanks

I wanted to thank everyone, this thread has been really helpful. I am going to replace my leaky lines before I begin my road trip. Amazon and Rockauto have the lines from both Dormon and ACDelco. The ACDelco numbers that I found by cross referencing the Dormon numbers are 12472196 and 12472195. Correction, those don't look correct...Rockauto shows four that will fit. 12472199, 12472200, 12472195, 12472196, I think the first two are the correct ones that come off the block and run to the steel lines that go in front of the radiator.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks