• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Filter Gasket part#

xmission

Hi all,

I have a bad oil filter gasket, and have had no luck finding a replacement gasket.

Would anyone happen to know a good part number that I can cross reference somewhere, or perhaps a good place online to find one?

Thanks very much,

Dan

BTW, it's on a Deuce

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post number 8 of this thread has the info you need. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/45031-oil-filter-gaskets-napa-doesnt-show-pn.html

I found this with a general search, for oil filter gasket. It was on the first page of 148 search results. I could have done an advanced search and only searched the Deuce forum, and it would have been about the 4th thread I would have to read, to find the info you needed. A couple minutes searching, is often all it takes.

xmission

Post number 8 of this thread has the info you need. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/45031-oil-filter-gaskets-napa-doesnt-show-pn.html

I found this with a general search, for oil filter gasket. It was on the first page of 148 search results. I could have done an advanced search and only searched the Deuce forum, and it would have been about the 4th thread I would have to read, to find the info you needed. A couple minutes searching, is often all it takes.

Funny, I thought I searched pretty hard, and even went through the TM, and searched google with the TM part number (Only found references back to the TM).

Thanks very much.

Dan

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget, the torque spec for the filter housing bolt, is 60 ft/lbs. And don't let the can spin. Worst case, you can just buy a new napa/wix filter, to get the gasket.

xmission

NAPA # 5119 or Wix # 15119

Thanks. The local NAPA would have to order 10 of them at a little over $20ea, plus $6-8 for UPS. They did have a filter with the gasket included for $10.02, so the Deuce is back in business.

Thanks very much to both of you guys.