• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Filter Gasket part#

xmission

Hi all,

I have a bad oil filter gasket, and have had no luck finding a replacement gasket.

Would anyone happen to know a good part number that I can cross reference somewhere, or perhaps a good place online to find one?

Thanks very much,

Dan

BTW, it's on a Deuce

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post number 8 of this thread has the info you need. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/45031-oil-filter-gaskets-napa-doesnt-show-pn.html

I found this with a general search, for oil filter gasket. It was on the first page of 148 search results. I could have done an advanced search and only searched the Deuce forum, and it would have been about the 4th thread I would have to read, to find the info you needed. A couple minutes searching, is often all it takes.

xmission

Post number 8 of this thread has the info you need. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/45031-oil-filter-gaskets-napa-doesnt-show-pn.html

I found this with a general search, for oil filter gasket. It was on the first page of 148 search results. I could have done an advanced search and only searched the Deuce forum, and it would have been about the 4th thread I would have to read, to find the info you needed. A couple minutes searching, is often all it takes.

Funny, I thought I searched pretty hard, and even went through the TM, and searched google with the TM part number (Only found references back to the TM).

Thanks very much.

Dan

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget, the torque spec for the filter housing bolt, is 60 ft/lbs. And don't let the can spin. Worst case, you can just buy a new napa/wix filter, to get the gasket.

xmission

NAPA # 5119 or Wix # 15119

Thanks. The local NAPA would have to order 10 of them at a little over $20ea, plus $6-8 for UPS. They did have a filter with the gasket included for $10.02, so the Deuce is back in business.

Thanks very much to both of you guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks