• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil filter

DokWatson

Decided its about time for an oil change, and decided to try the NAPA 1092 filter. Got home and was caught a little off guard when I opened the box, looks like a tin can with holes in it. I've only ever used the Fram filters from Wal-mart on my vehicles, looks a bit different. Is this still the correct filter? Never dealt with one like this before.

DokWatson

Any recomendations for a good high quality oil filter??? Changing my oil in two weeks.
I've never had a problem with Fram filters, Been using them for years. I only decided to try something different this time since I had to get some other things from NAPA this morning.

3dAngus

I've never had a problem with Fram filters, Been using them for years. I only decided to try something different this time since I had to get some other things from NAPA this morning.

I recall an engineer that worked beside me spec'ed out the Frams vs. several other OTS filters.

Turns out, the cheaper frams were every bit as good as the more expensive ones. Now they have several different varieties from Fram where you can get higher quality than the norm, so it's all a wash.

Point is, don't buy a filter based on price alone. to much marketing out there giving deceptive or illusional information about what they have for the price. Money goes to pay for those marketing types, and they get high dollar. So, even low cost Frams are excellent filters.

jj

NAPA Gold 1060 or AC-Delco PF-454 or AC-Delco PF-1218 all fit on my 6.2 and 6.5. My 350 gas engine, too. The PF-454 is the new number for the old PF-25. The PF-1218 is the new number for the old PF-35. I had opportunity to compare a PF-35 of maybe 18-20 years ago to a new PF-1218, the 1218 is nearly 1" shorter than the PF-35. I guess everything shrinks with age!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NAPA 1060 or 1061, WIX 51060 or 51061, Baldwin B6. I prefer the baldwins but it's easier to get the WIX. I buy a case at a time!

91W350

I always bought AC Delco filters for my 6.2 engines and Fleetguards for my Cummins engines. 1 always had good luck with them and just never switched brands.

1986Blazerk5

Any recomendations for a good high quality oil filter??? Changing my oil in two weeks.
I have used fram before amd don't care for their quality, I can bed the filter witout a problem and the insides arnt build to the quility I would like. I use the wix filter and their quality is by far the best their outside case is stronger than a fram

DokWatson

All you need to do is tell the parts person that is is for a 1984 Chevy Blazer with a 6.2 diesel.
I have a K30, but it isn't always that easy. The NAPA computer doesn't list box filters under fuel filters for a 1985 6.2 diesel, you have to ask for the part number. I always ask for part numbers to make sure I get what I want, good habit to get into with these parts store monkeys and their computers.

D T

thats a cartridge filter ,you need a spin on filter,I usualy use the NAPA Gold filter ,seems OK to me ?