• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil leak on caterpillar

Coalman

I just noticed ,when I was pulling my tranny on my m35a3, that it has a oil leak on the passenger side somewhere around the turbo. I can't really see where it is coming from or how long it was leaking (i park it on a gravel driveway and never really saw any oil ) When I was working on tranny it is on the cement, and I could see the oil leak. Just wandering where to start looking or if this something common Thanks Kevin

YOUNG GUN

My A3 has a similar oil leak that I determined is coming from the turbo oil drain tube; it's leaking a tiny bit from where it bolts to the turbo, but mostly where it goes back into the block.
I purchased the seals at the local CAT repair shop which included (2) different o-rings for the bottom, and (1) 2-bolt flange gasket for where it bolts to the turbo. (cost was about $6 delivered)
I'm waiting for my next oil change to replace the seals cause it's nearly impossible to get at with the oil filter on.

Hope this helps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks