• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil leak on caterpillar

Coalman

I just noticed ,when I was pulling my tranny on my m35a3, that it has a oil leak on the passenger side somewhere around the turbo. I can't really see where it is coming from or how long it was leaking (i park it on a gravel driveway and never really saw any oil ) When I was working on tranny it is on the cement, and I could see the oil leak. Just wandering where to start looking or if this something common Thanks Kevin

YOUNG GUN

My A3 has a similar oil leak that I determined is coming from the turbo oil drain tube; it's leaking a tiny bit from where it bolts to the turbo, but mostly where it goes back into the block.
I purchased the seals at the local CAT repair shop which included (2) different o-rings for the bottom, and (1) 2-bolt flange gasket for where it bolts to the turbo. (cost was about $6 delivered)
I'm waiting for my next oil change to replace the seals cause it's nearly impossible to get at with the oil filter on.

Hope this helps