• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil leaking from turbo

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Take lots o pics. Might even try running it while its off. You should be able to see oil pouring out if its turbo seals.

Barrman

Do you have the flame heat starter assist? Could it possibly be leaking your used motor oil fuel on top of the turbo and it is then running around the clamp to look like a turbo leak? Mine had that exact same leak several years ago is why I ask. I thought it was a bad turbo as well until I went to the highest point I saw oil with the engine running and actually saw it drip once.

If not that, do as everybody suggest and replace/rebuild before a runaway happens.

cev65

How do I go buyin a rebuild kit for this turbo? Just tell the. I need a kit for a D turbo from a deuce and a half??

stb64

How do I go buyin a rebuild kit for this turbo? Just tell the. I need a kit for a D turbo from a deuce and a half??
Good luck trying to order a rebuild kit for a ''D-turbo''!
The non-whistlers commonly found on the LDT engines are Schwitzer 3LM39 models.

It 's very unlikely that that You are going to find repair manuals, technical information, or parts if you look for ''D'' turbo stuff.

The BS designations C & D turbo have caused nothing but confusion, and keep people from finding real information. The same is true for the term ''LDS-turbo''
C & D are engine designations and have absolutely nothing to do with the turbos.

If You want to know what turbo You have, just get the model number off the data tag.
P.S.: Remove the turbo and turn it around to find the tag.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

I copied this from the link I gave you back in post #4:

FYI Turbo Designations:

Schwitzer 4LE-354 FOR LDS-465-1A

Schwitzer 3LD-305 (old type) & 3LJ-319 (whistler) "C" FOR LDT465's
Schwitzer 3LM-319 (non-whistler) "D" Turbo LDT-465's
Schwitzer 4-456 FOR LDS-465-1
Schwitzer 4LE-456 FOR LDS-465-2
Schwitzer 4D-454C FOR LDS-427-2
Schwitzer 4D-554 FOR MACK ENDT-673

Does this help?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I let it idle b4 I take it out usually to let it warm up a bit.
There is no such word as b4, that is text talk, this site USE words that are found in the ENGLISH DICTIONARY, NOT the text talk dictionary.

rustystud

There is no such word as b4, that is text talk, this site USE words that are found in the ENGLISH DICTIONARY, NOT the text talk dictionary.
I agree totally on this. I was trying to figure out what designation "b4" was. I do not text or twitter or any of that so these shortcuts can really confuse me.