• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil leaking from turbo

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like slobber is a high percentage of the problem. WMO can be some of it too. What's the coolant temp - good thermostat? Is it really getting up to temp? Do you really work it?

rustystud

Looks like slobber is a high percentage of the problem. WMO can be some of it too. What's the coolant temp - good thermostat? Is it really getting up to temp? Do you really work it?
Slobber doesn't come out of the exhaust manifold, it comes out of the crankcase breather which is mounted on the valve covers.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Leaking

Slobber/unburned fuel/wet stacking. I've seen plenty of leaking joints, etc., from low RPM's, cold engine temperatures, & it starts from the combustion chambers. There may also be other issues.

Last edited:

rustystud

Slobber/unburned fuel/wet stacking. I've seen plenty of leaking joints, etc., from low RPM's, cold engine temperatures, & it starts from the combustion chambers. There may also be other issues.
He says his engine runs smooth at idle and runs good, so I don't think it is wet-stacking. When engines start wet-stacking they tend to stumble when running.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They can run as smooth as a fine watch, Rusty, and still Slobber. It can happen anywhere, but especially in the cold. He's burning "some" WMO. What may be saved in burning WMO, is not worth the heartburn it causes elsewhere - an emergency is one thing, but that's it. They tend to run cold anyway, and I don't baby mine. It still takes 15 miles to get it up to temp. I'd say do your homework, take it to the car wash, make sure you hitting on all six, then put a half cover of cardboard on the radiator, preferably a good load or a heavy trailer, and run her for 50 miles.

cev65

I took the WMO/diesel mix out and am running straight diesel now. I'm gonna clean the oil off and give her a good run today and see what happens. What is operating temp. On on of these? I believe mine lays around 160 degrees.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Why would you start a NEW thread about this when your talking about an existing problem?

Now someone will have 2 different threads to search for/ read. Some peoples logic make no sense to me.