• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure light and 4 Wheel drive light not working

Larch

I have a new to me 1028. I have been trying to get all the issues repaired. The oil pressure light does not come on at start up. With the truck running I shift the transfer case into 4 wheel drive and the Gen 1 light gets bright and blows a fuse (accessories 20 amp). I have cleaned up the printed circuit and tested the continuity of the board with the light bulbs and all checked out. PIN #5 is common to the oil pressure light, 4 wheel drive light and Gen 1. I have looked at the wire diagrams in the TM's, but couldn't find (and trace) the wire from PIN #5. Does anyone know where this wire goes? Your help is much appreciated!!

Larch

I found my problem. I removed the instrument cluster to clean the printed circuit and when reinstalling the #4 and #5 contacts were touching, causing the fuse to blow. All dash lights now working.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks