• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old new guy from texas

prholley

Welcome back and thank you for your service. I'm a noobie around here, just picked up a 5-ton, and having a blast. I live in Euless, so we're not to far away. I drive past your work all the time.

Last edited:

TC Fleet

Hey HETvet,
Wondering if you could point me in the right direction on an issue I'm having with a M1070. I was relocating the shut off switch for the batteries and grounded out the 24v side. Now I get a crank but no start. Checked the circuit breakers and relays under the dog box but I have no wiring diagram or trouble shooting info to go by. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Mark

HETvet

Hey HETvet,
Wondering if you could point me in the right direction on an issue I'm having with a M1070. I was relocating the shut off switch for the batteries and grounded out the 24v side. Now I get a crank but no start. Checked the circuit breakers and relays under the dog box but I have no wiring diagram or trouble shooting info to go by. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Mark
was it firing before the relocation? Is it cranking slower than normal?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure the breakers are all actually good. My "DDEC" breaker got physically damaged and the truck would crank but not start. It seemed to function correctly from the look and feel of it, but it was damaged internally, I guess. Replacing it fixed the issue.

HETvet

Make sure the breakers are all actually good. My "DDEC" breaker got physically damaged and the truck would crank but not start. It seemed to function correctly from the look and feel of it, but it was damaged internally, I guess. Replacing it fixed the issue.
This is what I was thinking

TC Fleet

Circuit breakers seem to be working. Getting power in and power out on all three ddec breakers. Getting power in two pins at ddec connection. Swapped breakers just to make sure. Still no start.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks