• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old style combat rims on a trailer

Nick

Does anyone have the older style combat rims on their trailer? Can ya post pictures of them if you do. I have a set Im going to put on my Power Wagon and was wondering how they would look on the trailer. Then to find a set if they look good. Id like the trailer to match the truck

Attachments

Nick

PB150064.jpgPB150065.jpg

And I fiannlllyyy got them and painted them myself and got em installed. Better pics when I pull the trailer out to take pics with the truck, now that the bed is installed on the truck.

Last edited:

Nick

I love yours clark, cuz they are all one color and the black nuts and bolts stand out well on that tan.

Oh well, they are on the trailer too so it matches the truck, I like em on the 52 trailer, so they are staying on it.
And it seems appropriate if they were to be pulled behind Dodges, that someone would put them on the trailers to minimize the amount of spares that needed to be carried. After all, the bolt pattern, brake backing plate, brakes and drum are all identical to the Dodge trucks, so its a match. Yep they are stayin on the trailer, appropriate or not.

Last edited:

CSCameron

I love the look too. No worries about being appropriate.

I'll have some new pics of the truck soon. Just finished blasting it and shot some primer on it. Hope to paint today or tomorrow. Looks MUCH better now. However, I didn't remove the cab and fix the rust issues yet, not set up for it. I'll pull the cab at some point down the road and properly fix the rust issues then. Overall it came very clean. It's soooooo nice to work on a clean truck. Pics soon...

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the wheels on my M-37 / M-42 truck and M101A1 trailer are "combat wheels" from WW II. I know they are not "correct" but there are other things on my truck that are also not "correct", but I like them, and I justify them under the rubric of "commander's discretion". Anyway, here's some photos of the wheels.

They are also on the trailer if anyone is still interested; I can take some photos of those too.

Storm 51

Attachments

Nick

Wow, those are NICE. and that last pic of all those rims is makin me drool!! If its not too much trouble Id like to see some pics of the rims on your trailer. And what are those tires on your 37?
THanks
nick

MartinB

Be careful with combat rims on a civilian Power Wagon, (B1PW, W300M, WM300).
The brake drums are different on the civilian model and my crack when the combat rims are mounted.
Double check with Vintage Power Wagons in Iowa.
Goo luck.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's some pictures of the wheels and tires on the trailer. There is also one of the rear of the trailer where I've added a pioneer tool kit (I think having more tools than you need is better than not having enough - get everybody workin').

The tires are Super Lugs by STA. I got a complete set for truck and trailer (including a spare for each) together with a complete set of G.I. NDTs on combat rims for both truck and trailer (with spares). I also have a set of dual wheels and tires for the front and rear of the truck (or rear of the truck and the trailer).

The Super Lugs steer harder but last waaaaay longer than NDTs on asphalt. They also seem to grip better on wet pavement (it is always wet up here in Washington on the west (wet) side of the mountains).

The capability to dual up my truck is why I have the Budd dual lug/stud combinations on all my axles (except the truck front - I can't imagine how hard that would be to steer).

Storm 51

Attachments

Nick

Thats awesome, some forward thinking there. I like the look of those Super Lugs, but with the money I have invested in the NDTs right now, Ill hafta wear them out before I think of replacing them. I have the same, three on the trailer, and looking for a fifth for the truck, as a spare.

Very cool, very sharp looking, thanks for posting them!!

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure, glad to post them. I save my NDTs for static display. I got a great deal on my tires which is why I have 2 complete sets of wheels and tires. I picked up the combat rims over the years (I've had my truck for almost 35 years). A bunch of rims were given to me in the old days because no one wanted them.

Good Luck with your trailer and check out whether combat rims will work on a civilian power wagon. That's not a risk worth taking.

Storm 51

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks