• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One man landing leg kit

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I kinda don't see the difference between the one in the vid and a well lubed, retractable gear. Now if there were an answer to the non retractable one, they'd be on to something!

ida34

The part about the M149 was not really correct. I pulled the M149 for my unit and I can tell you that we almost never took the trailer off when it had water in it. If we had to remove it then it did not take 6 people even with it filled. I actually like the older non retractable gear if I have a soldier B. It takes too long to crank it up and down. I would rather just lift it up and down off the pintle. Even when soldier B is not available I can still work it with my Hi Lift jack. You just have to remember to set the brakes before you do it.

nickd

I have a newer 105 trailer that has the latest style crank up leg. The handle that changes the position of the landing leg from the stowed(upright position) to the wheel down position has a built in cam that that retracts the 2 pins that lock the leg in either position. This style is much easier to change the position of the landing leg without soldier B.

halftrack

Re: RE: One man landing leg kit

nickd said:
I have a newer 105 trailer that has the latest style crank up leg. The handle that changes the position of the landing leg from the stowed(upright position) to the wheel down position has a built in cam that that retracts the 2 pins that lock the leg in either position. This style is much easier to change the position of the landing leg without soldier B.
I was about to say the samething. Its works very well.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: One man landing leg kit

Looks very interesting! I like the design, looks a lot easier to operate than the standard locking pin design....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks