• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One thing led to another

gunboy1656

Going to try. My dad and I are starting on a new project, well it is arriving today. A mule with a 106mm recoilless rifle. So I have to take him to a vehicle show.

Garandfan

Thanks George! There's a complete stencil kit that includes big and small stars, TP 50, 24 volts, etc., etc. By the way, studies show that people who breast fed until later years in life have been known to develop issues on relevance and hijacking threads. rofl

Garandfan

Started it up today..... Radiator still leaks and horn stayed on. It wasn't an electrical problem. Took the horn apart. Found the piston in the horn was corroded and stuck open. Cleaned the piston and tube. At least I got the guts back in the doors and the cab top on. Anyone need a driver's door regulator and door catch? PM me. I am pissed. I am so close to being done and now I have to pull the radiator again.auaauaaua

Started it up today..... Radiator still leaks and horn stayed on. It wasn't an electrical problem. Took the horn apart. Found the piston in the horn was corroded and stuck open. Cleaned the piston and tube. At least I got the guts back in the doors and the cab top on. Anyone need a driver's door regulator and door catch? PM me. I am pissed. I am so close to being done and now I have to pull the radiator again.auaauaaua
Man, I feel for you. I hate that sinking feeling when I am getting close to finishing a job, and start thinking to myself how smooth it went, only to realize I left a part off that goes on under everything else, and basically need to go back to square one, do not pass go, do not collect $200. If you need a tissue, I believe I have some around here somewhere.

Hey Garandfan, nice truck. Love the yellow nose on the hood, but that's supposed to mean 8th Group in Viet Nam. The bumper markings don't match that. Not nitpicking, just saying mayyybee somethings not right.

Garandfan

Found a radiator shop that claim they can fix mine for 50-90 bucks.... So for you OHIO members the place is called Radiatorwerks. The rest of the bed gets done tomorrow.

Garandfan

Thanks for the compliments guys! I have always been a fan of the yellow nose. I knew some astute SS would pick up on the bumper markings not matching the 8th group. I pondered for long while about the markings not matching and I figured to keep them because they were part of the truck. My truck is also documented. It came with a customs ticket from Kuwait with the bumper numbers. So it's part of the nostalgia. I do need a canvas cab top to match the canvas cargo cover.

Update on the radiator. All solder work, part of the core reattached, the fan shroud riveted back, cleaned and tested, 120 bucks. It goes back on in the morning. :jumpin:

Garandfan

Thanks for the compliments guys! I have always been a fan of the yellow nose. I knew some astute SS would pick up on the bumper markings not matching the 8th group. I pondered for long while about the markings not matching and I figured to keep them because they were part of the truck. My truck is also documented. It came with a customs ticket from Kuwait with the bumper numbers. So it's part of the nostalgia. I do need a canvas cab top to match the canvas cargo cover.

Update on the radiator. All solder work, part of the core reattached, the fan shroud riveted back, cleaned and tested, 120 bucks. It goes back on in the morning. :jumpin:

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stars

I'm new to the whole MV thing but I noticed that most deuces don't have a star on the door but s few do, any significance to the star or purley cause it looks cool

Aurora

Hi Scott, I'll be at the show on Sunday. I'll probably just drive the CUCV again. This show is a little bigger than the June show so there should be more vendors.

gunboy1656

I'll be out on Saturday. I was kinda figuring it was bigger, seems like this one they have done longer then the June show. Hopefully in a year or so the June one can get bigger.

Will probably have my whole family again, even my dad wants to ride along. He is getting into MV's finally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks