• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Only in a Huey!

FloridaAKM

Been there, done that; but missed the refuel ride. The chopper flys all day if the weather permits @ Knob Creek during the machinegun shoot. The entire day that you are there watching & looking thru all the good stuff, the Huey is flying overhead with a new payload of folks. I haven't missed it since '07 & hope not to this coming October. There are sometimes two birds there, one for display & the other to gawk @ & fly in when your turn finally comes up! That seatbelt that is provided, seems awful small after you start the flight, especially in the tight turns when you are looking almost straight @ the ground. I'll never forget my first ride, luckily, it was not into a hot LZ!
I was able to take a ride in a Huey at Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot (www.americanhuey369.com) a few years ago and it was incredible. Growing up a huge military buff I'd always fantasized about going for a ride and it was incredible. Got lucky too- the flight we took ended up being a refueling so we got about an hour of flight time. :D

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was able to take a ride in a Huey at Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot (www.americanhuey369.com) a few years ago and it was incredible. Growing up a huge military buff I'd always fantasized about going for a ride and it was incredible. Got lucky too- the flight we took ended up being a refueling so we got about an hour of flight time. :D
We got to ride their Huey at Findlay this year, here are just a couple little videos during the ride. It was incredible to say the very least....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ro5WuxokR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_clk6yJ5BNQ

cuad4u

Have not flown a huey since 1978. Give me a check list and except for emergency procedures, I think I could still fly it. At least I would like to try.

treetopflyer

cuad4u...let me help you out: "Combat start"...Batt sw -ON, Fuel SW-ON, Key- IN & ON, Throttle-Set for start (just past detent in case you need to abort start), Starter - engage (release at 40% N1), Att. Ind.-caged, Inverter-main on, RPM- 6600....I can get in/strap in and be airborne in less that 2 minutes if need be.
If Sh!+ hits the fan then "Captain America"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks