• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oops, I did it again

chicklin

Well, after a long layoff to do some home improvement projects, raise the kids a little older, etc, etc, I am now off to pick up deuce #2 this afternoon.

'70 (I think) M35A2, W/W, soft-top, fiberglass troop seats, Air-O-Matic power steering, heater, rifle mounts, convoy light mount, in-cab speaker system of some kind, almost zero rust, ether start, engine overhauled in '84, D turbo, TD block, boarding ladder and some military maps of something in the glovebox :)

This truck is very complete and has a couple nice upgrades. I haven't check it close enough yet, but I'm crossing my fingers for dual-circuit brakes. The brakes need bled (and then inspected later), but other than that I believe it's good to go.

Bought it for about what it would've cost me via GL (including fees and expenses to go pick one up or ship it). I think I did well.

Here's a few pics the owner sent me, I'll get some more this afternoon.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part of that system is a brake warning light in the center of the gauge panel. I suppose it could have been installed and a gauge panel switched out but I've never seen that done. The revised master cylinder also inhibits the PTO shifter as it normally bolts to the master cylinder. No absolutes, just offering my observation.

chicklin

I'm sure you're right, I was just curious about identification. Thanks for the info.

There's a lot of wiring and some sort of controller bolted to the floor of the cab. Looks like something to do with the convoy lights and squawk boxes. I'll get a pic of that, too. I'd be interested to know if it's typically military add-ons or some kind of aftermarket device.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck. You should be able to find the missing rack fairly easily. Check with the seller - he may have it separate from the truck.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Igot racked

Oh...appears to be missing the headache rack. Anyone got one near KC, MO?
I have a few, they are for the drop side bed, so your get bow holders also. I am on the Kansas side in De Soto and cheap. Send me a PM. Jim

91W350

We have three deuces at Riley, we may have a headache rack available if one of the deuces has a major malfunction. Playing the waiting game now. I picked up my M35A2C there this week though and it does have the dual brake system. Glen

Attachments

chicklin

Well, made it home. Ran great, turns out it's the C-whistler turbo. Found a couple small bugaboos:

1) On one of the startup attempts the starter spun a couple times and didn't sound like it engaged. Then it fired right up, no problem. I'm thinking missing flywheel tooth (bad) or maybe it just didn't kick the starter gear out. It's been sitting a lot, so things could be a little gummy.

2) Master cylinder leak. Pretty much knew that. It's leaking at the rear fitting. I was able to tighten it a bit and it stopped leaking at least long enough to get it home, but it will probably need addressed.

3) Air leak somewhere. Compressor is kicking on a lot (like when you turn a few times with the air assist). Heard some hissing behind the dash, so I probably need to check all the connections. Shouldn't be a big problem.

4) Compressor kicks off at about 80 psi, won't go any higher. I assume this is the pressure control valve on the compressor.

5) Right outer rear-rear flat. The tube is spun inside, so I'm going to have to break it down. Have a brand new spare and a couple other pretty decent tires so I can replace it and also get some better rubber up front just by playing the shell game.

6) Left-front boot is blown out. I'll probably just do zipper boots for now since I won't drive it all that much.

That's about it. All in all, I don't think any of those are too major. Just need a little tinkering and PM and it should be good to go.

Here she is, smiling 3 year-old included:

Attachments

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking truck! Best of luck with it and im sure your 3year old will be the only one going to kindergarten in a deuce.:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks