• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation: Gertrude. Kendelrios M715 restoration thread

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok... so where have I been? Busy!

Since my last post, I've painted the pioneer tools to match, the interior has been painted to match and the floor and bed have been rhino-lined. I've got one mirror on and will be adding the second when I get home.

I am having the seats recovered and when I get in and mounth them and the second mirror, I think I can place a check mark in the "Done" column...

Here are some pics I have on my PC, I'll be adding more soon from my phone:

View attachment 893995

View attachment 893996

View attachment 893997

View attachment 893998

View attachment 893999

View attachment 894000

View attachment 894001
Nice pair.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most recently...

The main thing I've done is start the preparation to register her as a "Historic Military Vehicle", so "Dirty Gerty" needed to come off the hood and be replaced with her VIN, Military style...

20231031_104706.jpg

20231031_114813.jpg

20231031_121454.jpg

And a new glamor shot outside the house...

Screenshot_20231031_163959_Gallery.jpg

I believe when I get home, I'll paint the bridge plate to match...

Soupermike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know the correct font for the numbers?

For that vintage truck, bridge plates were flat chrome yellow.

They added a little pizazz...
Would this be correct for the bridge plate?

Dupli-Color EBFM03637 Perfect Match Automotive Spray Paint – Ford Chrome Yellow, BZ – 8 oz. Aerosol Can

yellow.jpg

I've got to find some semi-transparent tape so I can outline the numbers. All of the stencils I found are too large or small.
Search Delta Team Decals on FB. I have heard good things about them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks