• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation: Gertrude. Kendelrios M715 restoration thread

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those wondering what the red "C" is for, it stands for Consist.

Meaning truck & trailer, weight added together for tons.

67Beast

For those wondering what the red "C" is for, it stands for Consist.

Meaning truck & trailer, weight added together for tons.
Every manual I've seen refers it to "combined" meaning the combined weight classes of the vehicle and trailer and is representative of the weights of the two vehicles over the combined length and distribution between the axles. The numbers don't represent tons, but are weight classes from the engineering tables in which each vehicle is assigned a weight class based on it's maximum carrying capacity and it's distribution of weight over the number of axles and tires in contribution to the spacing between the axles.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw you used your towbar for your trip did you not ever get where the trailer felt/pulled to suit you with it loaded ?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The green is a little bright, I couldn't quite nail the green I wanted, bit I think it looks good.... almost like a truck from the old "Toy soldiers" kits we got as kids, where everything was that same green.. 😁🙄
The new paint looks like 383 green and the wheels look like one of the rustoleum camo colors like on the old stuff ! The wheel color looks more age appropriate for the truck but the 383 looks good !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hadnt noticed that the wheels are split rim ALWAYS be extra safe when airing them up after having it all apart those split rings have killed and mamed a many a humans cause they didnt put them in a tire cage before they aired them up and the ring blow off and take a face or skull with it and all the older commercial over the road trucks use to run them only ! My dad had them on all his trucks and wouldnt let me fool with them at all and he would lay his face down with a little 4x4 block under the side with the valve stem to air his up cause we had no cage like the truck stops had !

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The green is a little bright, I couldn't quite nail the green I wanted, bit I think it looks good.... almost like a truck from the old "Toy soldiers" kits we got as kids, where everything was that same green.. 😁🙄
Looks like 383 green on my screen, so looks "right". [thumbzup]

If you were going for "Marine green" (24052), yeah, it is a bit bright. But it looks super as is.

Cheers

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new paint looks like 383 green and the wheels look like one of the rustoleum camo colors like on the old stuff ! The wheel color looks more age appropriate for the truck but the 383 looks good !
The wheels are the old color matched tan. They're getting painted today along woth thr pioneer tools, and a little something something is being added today too...

Guyfang

Staff member
I hadn't noticed that the wheels are split rim ALWAYS be extra safe when airing them up after having it all apart those split rings have killed and maimed a many a humans cause they didn't put them in a tire cage before they aired them up and the ring blow off and take a face or skull with it and all the older commercial over the road trucks use to run them only ! My dad had them on all his trucks and wouldn't let me fool with them at all and he would lay his face down with a little 4x4 block under the side with the valve stem to air his up cause we had no cage like the truck stops had !

I always thought this was a bunch of BS. In 1977 we moved to our new Missile site and had a Motor Pool that was 500 light years better then the two maintenance tents hooked together that we had on the old site. The Motor Sgt was a lazy butt head, and put off taking the tire cage to the new site. One of the newbie truck mech's needed to fix a flat, and without any guidance, did so. He had it on the floor, ring up, to air it up. A Buck Sgt walked in and gave him hell, and told him to hook up the air chuck, and then hook up the other end of the hose to the compressor. Air it up from the compressor side he said. When I walked in the building, it looked like an air show. Everyone was admiring the new hole, in the new Motor Pool roof. I had aired up countless tires over the years, and never even given it a thought. I sure did after that. It was rather impressive.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hadn't noticed that the wheels are split rim ALWAYS be extra safe when airing them up after having it all apart those split rings have killed and maimed a many a humans cause they didn't put them in a tire cage before they aired them up and the ring blow off and take a face or skull with it and all the older commercial over the road trucks use to run them only ! My dad had them on all his trucks and wouldn't let me fool with them at all and he would lay his face down with a little 4x4 block under the side with the valve stem to air his up cause we had no cage like the truck stops had !

I always thought this was a bunch of BS. In 1977 we moved to our new Missile site and had a Motor Pool that was 500 light years better then the two maintenance tents hooked together that we had on the old site. The Motor Sgt was a lazy butt head, and put off taking the tire cage to the new site. One of the newbie truck mech's needed to fix a flat, and without any guidance, did so. He had it on the floor, ring up, to air it up. A Buck Sgt walked in and gave him hell, and told him to hook up the air chuck, and then hook up the other end of the hose to the compressor. Air it up from the compressor side he said. When I walked in the building, it looked like an air show. Everyone was admiring the new hole, in the new Motor Pool roof. I had aired up countless tires over the years, and never even given it a thought. I sure did after that. It was rather impressive.
When I went with the larger tires, I became quite the tire changing elf.

Yes, 100% caution AT ALL TIMES!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks