• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation "URGENT RESTORATION"

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It also had a piece of angle iron across the top of the outside of the gate. I believe these were attempts to make it stronger as the originals did not have these features
Both my original tailgate and the NOS tailgate I got from Red River had the angle iron piece across the top.

m38inmaine

It's turning green, after these two pictures I finished the 1st coat on the whole machine. Tomorrow I will get a second coat and work on small items in the blast cabinet. Not a spec of paint to spare, should have ordered another gallon.

Attachments

m38inmaine

Fenders on, passenger fuel tank, both under tank/fender supports, engine cover and a bunch of other brackets etc. That engine cover is a real treat to get on. Oh and my work paid off on the fuel sending unit I made from a M151 sender and my broken goat sender, we have a working fuel gauge.

Attachments

Last edited:

m38inmaine

I decided not to take the risk of spraying the camo just hours before leaving so for now it will stay forest green. Still painting little items, going to be a long night. Thanks Bill, won't have time to get any commo mounted, have everything but the corner antenna mount.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided not to take the risk of spraying the camo just hours before leaving so for now it will stay forest green. Still painting little items, going to be a long night. Thanks Bill, won't have time to get any commo mounted, have everything but the corner antenna mount.
What comms are you planning to eventually install? RT524, RT246, R442, GRC-106??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks