• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Opinions needed on screwed up GL auction

phil2968

Sorry I jumped of topic on ya, did not catch recovrys hint. I was tired and upset.

Thanks for making me a better forum particpant.:-D

Last edited:

citizensoldier

First off Paul I am not kicking and screaming about anything. I had discussions with Joe and was told AFTER the preview they HAD to go by the DTID # and the DESCRIPTION WITH THE ID #. This decision to go with screwed up lot #'s was reversed about 1 hour into the pickup day. I understand all the refund and complaint decisions you mention. My point is the auction was illegal it was a bait and switch situation allowed to go on because Joe's boss labeled the lot numbers. He covered his ass by reversing the decision therefore thoroughly screwing many people.
So your telling me you bid on a wrecker with pictures, description and ID #'s. Your billed for this wrecker under the DTID # used by the military. You show up to get the wrecker and the lot number is for a moped and you cant get your wrecker! Is this is right? Bull****! The only people that are claiming I am kicking and screaming are the ones that profited from a illegal auction and knew they were a mess and bid on miss labeled trucks getting them for cheap.
GL will get theirs.. They have not screwed the right person yet. Its coming..
Here is a example: I was working on a big fancy house onetime and the lady was using this one type of stone that you could only get in a quarry in Wisconsin. They delayed production of the house and were screwing her around at the quarry. They pissed the said woman off so much she sent her people over bought the quarry and another one and fired everyone there. She got her stone on time after that. I can only wait until this happens to GL.. They have screwed people out of money many many times in a variety of ways. If any other customer service business did this they would be out of business. I intend to work hard to put them out of business.. I could care less about the trucks and do not appreciate you referring to this as kicking and screaming. This is some serious malpractice going on here.
You said it yourself you had the same thing happen and they did the opposite last time.. They need to stick by one set of rules.
Look at this guy from FL that the truck he thought he just bought is re listed? I cant get in to see if the lot number he bought is still there and just what truck he bought? No previews on the second auction and Joe will not be there until the second week of August.

Last edited:

citizensoldier

Sorry I jumped of topic on ya, did not catch recovrys hint. I was tired and upset.

Thanks for making me a better forum particpant.:-D
No need to be sorry I have done the same type of thing in the past.. This is being monitored by my Lawyer and time spent reading about the GA rally well you know.. Let me know if you get anywhere with them on your truck and keep me posted. I even talked with a retired LTC from Camp Grayling and he could not even get me on the GL lot! Go figure!

Armada

Kick and scream, be acknowledged, get your point across, get their attention, demand satisfaction, state your case, express your frustration, etc...... It's all the same. I understand exactly how you feel Lane, totally. Mad as hell, p***** off, furious, frustrated, taken advantage of. It's a crappy feeling when you know you're in the right. I've been there. I felt the same way last summer. I'm not going to get into it here, but it was more than just a lot # issue. And I wanted to KICK and SCREAM at ANYONE at GL that would stand up and do the right thing. It was SO black and white! It didn't matter. There was nothing I could do about it. They play it to their advantage which will either mean more money in their pocket or less work/effort on their part. It's just too easy for them to say 'we'll give your money back, that's the best we can do', and move on. The reality of it in the world of customer satisfaction is that you are only one person and they can afford to loose one person as a customer. In fact, customer service, customer satisfaction, service after the sale, are all but extinct anymore. You're right about their practices, it's wrong, it's blatant, it's dishonest. Unfortunately, it's also the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

citizensoldier

Lane, you can kick and scream all you want. Your only recourse is to file a complaint with them via email. Call the main office and that's what they'll tell you. It must be in writing. They will review your complaint, and whether right or wrong you will be deemed in the wrong, and best you can hope for is they will cancel your winning bids and refund your money if you don't want what you've won. That's it. That's how they roll. Their rules apply to everyone but themselves. Ask me how I know. I went through the exact same lot # situation with them last summer, only their decision then was reversed from what the Grayling decision was this time. Go figure.
So, you have to decide if you want to waste hours writing emails back and forth and in the end be in the same boat you're in now, still mad as hell, or to take your 'winnings' (or refund) and move on. It's their game and they've got the only ball.

I am sure there was people with this same lay down and take it attitude in the 13 colonies when talking about the British.. Or at Little Big Horn.. LOL..:-D But I know one person that uses the right tools can change the world if you follow simple rules of life like being honest, fair, and reasonable.

citizensoldier

I am not taking the route of GL and there costumer service.We know that sucks beyond all comprehension. District leaders along with our State reps are getting a constant flow of emails and phone calls about a corrupt company operating withing there state mis-using state funded man hours and unfair business practice. Profiteering off our tax dollars, and illegal public sales and auctions. I have to believe in that system or all is doomed.. It might take time but some changes will happen.."What goes around comes around".. :-D
I am not mad as hell! Remember hate is a gun that shoots from the butt.. heheheheheh ... :-x

tmbrwolf

How about this, not only send the complaint to GL but since they have a contract with DLA send a carbon copy of the complaint to DLA customer service, I'll bet they will get really tired of hearing from GL's customers about the goings on and might even have the DLA's Inspector General look into it if there are enough complaints. think about this, if DLA thinks everything is just hunky dory with GL they will keep renewing their contract, but if they get enough complaints from GL's customers, they may take a harder look at them! The address for DLA customer service is DLAContactCenter@dla.mil

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GL terms clearly state that the info online is not guaranteed, The legal advise I got after the preview was clear, auctions go by lot #, the lots are tagged by the auction service, you inspect the labeled lot, you bid on that lot#, you are legally entitled to that lot#.
I did just that, and ended up paying more for my trucks that way than if they had all matched up.
but I got what I looked at & believed I had bid on.

citizensoldier

tmbwolf this is great! We must unite on this front and not be afraid that they will stop the sales of our beloved trucks and equipment. I have received emails to this fear that I should not rock the boat.. Well if the boat is taking me to hell I am going to rock it as hard as I can. So anyone who has been misled or ripped off by GL in anyway please draft a letter and send it to the DLA and/or your State reps, BBB,whoever you can think of. Squeaky wheel get the grease here gents and gals.
We as tax paying, LAW abiding, citizens should not stand for this ! The type of mindset GL is demonstrating is the same as EMRON, GM , most big banks, and so forth look where sticking our head in the sand got us on those subjects. They will get away with it for a while but it eventually falls when someone pulls the plug. Help me pull the plug would you!

GSA does such a better job of things and these are state ran using state employees. Your EUC is issued with your bill of sale and you get the truck you bid on. They will work with you on a case by case bassis to make things right if there is a problem. Now how come we cant get the same from GL? They charge you $60 for a EUC that you should get with your truck. A 10% buyers fee that is total bunk, misrepresent the items for online auctions, raised the minimum bid and raised the bid amount between bids . I didnt pick the name citizensoldier for nothing !

citizensoldier

The GL terms clearly state that the info online is not guaranteed, The legal advise I got after the preview was clear, auctions go by lot #, the lots are tagged by the auction service, you inspect the labeled lot, you bid on that lot#, you are legally entitled to that lot#.
I did just that, and ended up paying more for my trucks that way than if they had all matched up.
but I got what I looked at & believed I had bid on.
If thats the case my billing should have said LOT # such and such and THATS it. Not Truck DTID #, miles, pictures of the speedo, and so forth. Pictures can be wrong but not ID #'s of the truck..
Did you preview that M36 in Lansing? What if this had been the case on that purchase? Most of us have bought things without a preview and at least expect to get the truck in the description even if its a piece of ****. There billing reflects that they sold you that truck according to the numbers?

Midnight Rider

After reading through this, I'm not going to bother wasting my time bidding on anything through GL. I'll continue to look through the auctions, but the time and money wasted on possibly not getting the truck I bid on are just not worth it.

I'm one of those guys that would have to travel pretty far to preview and that just isn't possible. I guess I'll just keep doing my purchases through Ebay or other classifieds. I'll end up paying more, but at least I'll get what I pay for.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After reading through this, I'm not going to bother wasting my time bidding on anything through GL. I'll continue to look through the auctions, but the time and money wasted on possibly not getting the truck I bid on are just not worth it.

I'm one of those guys that would have to travel pretty far to preview and that just isn't possible. I guess I'll just keep doing my purchases through Ebay or other classifieds. I'll end up paying more, but at least I'll get what I pay for.
Unfortunatly, this is what a lot of people want to hear. Less bidders, lower prices. GL is driving the prices down with their own stupidity. Only those with the wallets and resolve to deal with GLs bullchit will be able to bid. In the long run, if you buy enough, you'll do ok. You're gonna get screwed some, but not every time. The guy who wants just one truck might get screwed and never return or he might do ok.

I like the idea of getting your congressman and whoever else can help involved, but sadly by the time it could be fixed (if it can be fixed) the trucks will be gone.

Hundy had some M109s for $2000 awhile back - that's not much more than I paid and a heck of lot less hassle. Don't help you guys back east though.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If thats the case my billing should have said LOT # such and such and THATS it. Not Truck DTID #, miles, pictures of the speedo, and so forth. Pictures can be wrong but not ID #'s of the truck..
Did you preview that M36 in Lansing? What if this had been the case on that purchase? Most of us have bought things without a preview and at least expect to get the truck in the description even if its a piece of ****. There billing reflects that they sold you that truck according to the numbers?
My invoice has "lot ####" and about a 1/2 inch below it another #
The other # is not indentified as DTID on the invoice, it doesn't have miles, pics of speedo and so forth.
The DTID # on the trucks is on a sticker, one that is easily peeled and restuck.

I did not personally preview the M36 in Lansing, I had friends do the preview and verify the lot # posted on the truck, and I bid on that lot#.
I went and picked it up, no issues.

Now I'm just a transplanted city boy, unwise to how all this GL stuff worked.
I never had a clue about this DTID # untill that morning recovery in Grayling.

Their invoice has both lot# and other #'s, either way GL's wrong.
I was under the impression that the descision to go by lot# came out of Arizona, after the GL legal dept assessed the situation.
That assesment was the same as the one I got from the lawyer I had talked to.

Bottom Line GL needs to get this straight, so that there is no need to make a legal descision.

Last edited:

BEASTMASTER

my buddie just had issues with gl. he won a truck, they kept asking for this and that and then they told him he lost the truck because he didn't do the paperwork in the time alotted. BUT ,for another $240 he could continue with the process. he told them to stuff it. now he's banned fom any further bidding.

fmtrucking

Push GL for their legal department address from the contact person telephone number for sight information where truck is. They will connect you with their supervisor before they will give you legal's information. Explain to them the whole story and that you will be filing a civil suit against them. I got my full refund on merchandise from one of their greatly run auctions. When I went to pick it up, was missing parts from it that were clearly seen in picture. Of course I drove from Michigan to St Louis MO to find out. They him/hawed around, but did refund all moneys. They knew it would cost them more to fight it than refund. In your case if they dont, its larceny by conversion, they showed one item and tried to replace with something else. Its a felony in all 50 states, doesnt matter on the amount. They sold a product under 1 description and tried to pass off something else. Thats their error and they will have to eat it. Just keep pushing the supervisor for their legal department address. They dont want the headache of a court battle

n2ojunkie

Hi everyone I just seen this post and it got me scared. I bid and won on event 4495 , lot 5612, I thought I was getting the truck listed and in the pictures. Would they have fixed the lot # picture issue by this time? I take it not after hearing 5611 is a relisting. Did anyone go and preview them and know if I won the truck I actually saw in the pictures?

n2ojunkie

I bid on the one that ended on the 30th. mine was listed as "runs and drives" By the pictures it looked to be the most complete and in good shape. I have a cabin about 17 miles from the base, but I couldnt get up there to inspect it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks