• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ordered wheels today

ASTFU

I ordered 4 20x11 with 6" backspacing 1/2 inch thick centers rockwell pattern with valve stems, primed and painted, From Red Barn Customs today 1450.00 delivered to maine. should be here in 3-4 weeks.:-DThen i get to mount my 1400s,This is to fun. rims are 285.00 each 20x10 20x11 20x12 with 3/8 or 1/2 thick centers.They also have access to parts.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow. That's more than I paid for my whole truck! This is gonna be a pricey hobby.

weewillywinky

how difficult is it to mount the tires

are these one piece rims w/o locking ring?? looks sorta like they are.

how much sweat and swearing is involved in getting that HEAVY, stiff sidewall tire onto one piece rims?? I have trouble getting the tires on my bicycle rim....

michael

mudguppy

are these one piece rims w/o locking ring?? looks sorta like they are.

how much sweat and swearing is involved in getting that HEAVY, stiff sidewall tire onto one piece rims?? I have trouble getting the tires on my bicycle rim....

michael
i, too, am interested in how you get 1600s on a one-piece wheel... :?:

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i, too, am interested in how you get 1600s on a one-piece wheel... :?:
Bring them to a tire shop :smile:. I have mounted 44 inch off-road tires before by myself with no special tool, I tried mounting my 14.5 R20's by myself and after about an hour of sweating, swearing and throwing things I gave up and brought them to a shop right by my house. Those sidewalls are VERY thick and don't give much.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those wheels appear to be MPT with semi drop center rims (SDC). They have a "low profile" bead flange and a "well" like all light truck wheels.
Despite tire weight, mounting 16.00s would not be more difficult than 15.5s or 395/85R20s or 14.00s, etc.
See my sectional view drawing for comparison of wheel construction styles and flange dimensions.

G.

Attachments

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, I should ahve clarified that, bring them to a semi tire shop, they should be able to handle it. I have a Pomps tire by my house and they have a machine that does a lot of tires for Caterpillar, they were able to mount mine without messing up the bead on the tires.