• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh MK48 Trailer Question - MK15 or MK17 cranes?

Hi Guys,

Anyone got a remote for the crane on the MK15A1 Wrecker or MK17A1 trailer cranes?

I need to know what the max resistance of the control sticks are - they are linear potentiometer joysticks for proportional control. I need someone to measure one for me so I can build a controller for my trailer. If someone is willing to help I will post a build thread to help out others in the same boat. I know a lot of the wrecker trailers were scavenged and came without the remotes.

Anybody willing to help out?

Thanks!

Chris

TacticalTruck

I can this weekend. I was going to do the same thing for a M18A1 but I found wireless remote system easier, cheaper and....well....wireless.

Jeff

Last edited:
Jeff, It would be great if you can help out.

what wireless system did you convert to - what did it run? Hard to justify $$$ for me on this thing as it is just a toy.

Chris

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My control for the MK15A1 is for the winch only ( I think ) and has buttons only no joy stix. I will measure if this is of some help.

My control for the MK15A1 is for the winch only ( I think ) and has buttons only no joy stix. I will measure if this is of some help.

I have a Mk16 (semi trailer) winch controller that works, I need a joystick control to find the values of the potentiometer in the stick. They are a proportional control (I believe) so the further you push the stick the more it opens the valve.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because a on/off joystic operator is cheap and easy to get

Chris

TacticalTruck

I looked at my controller. It has 70 some pin outs and w/o a wiring diagram it would take days to find the right combination to test. I don't want to open it up and risk breaking the seal if not necessary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks