• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh MK48 Trailer Question - MK15 or MK17 cranes?

Hi Guys,

Anyone got a remote for the crane on the MK15A1 Wrecker or MK17A1 trailer cranes?

I need to know what the max resistance of the control sticks are - they are linear potentiometer joysticks for proportional control. I need someone to measure one for me so I can build a controller for my trailer. If someone is willing to help I will post a build thread to help out others in the same boat. I know a lot of the wrecker trailers were scavenged and came without the remotes.

Anybody willing to help out?

Thanks!

Chris

TacticalTruck

I can this weekend. I was going to do the same thing for a M18A1 but I found wireless remote system easier, cheaper and....well....wireless.

Jeff

Last edited:
Jeff, It would be great if you can help out.

what wireless system did you convert to - what did it run? Hard to justify $$$ for me on this thing as it is just a toy.

Chris

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My control for the MK15A1 is for the winch only ( I think ) and has buttons only no joy stix. I will measure if this is of some help.

My control for the MK15A1 is for the winch only ( I think ) and has buttons only no joy stix. I will measure if this is of some help.

I have a Mk16 (semi trailer) winch controller that works, I need a joystick control to find the values of the potentiometer in the stick. They are a proportional control (I believe) so the further you push the stick the more it opens the valve.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because a on/off joystic operator is cheap and easy to get

Chris

TacticalTruck

I looked at my controller. It has 70 some pin outs and w/o a wiring diagram it would take days to find the right combination to test. I don't want to open it up and risk breaking the seal if not necessary.