• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OT - New Photo Display Site for Me

hot rod deuce

Hey guys I posted some pictures on a new photo site. I just have the truck pictures posted at random, no captions yet, but I did do a "My Other Life Section" you might find entertaining.
I hope to keep updating it with new pics of my work in progress with crew cab mod.

http://www.hotroddeuce.smugmug.com/

Cheers!
HRD

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
THOSE PIX ARE SO KEWL! That shot of you going through the mud is just AWESOME! And you've got a really nice set of Super Singles on your deuce!!!

Where did you get them and which arm/leg did you have to give for them?

The only guy I've talked to wants $400 each per wheel PLUS s&h from the west coast and THEN add the tires. That would total at least $7k just for wheels and tires. That's more than I paid for my deuce.

I am BIG GREEN with envy! Way to go HRD!!

nevrenufhp

Man, you took out a good perkins to put in a small chebby? Was it a 6.354? Those have about the same potential as a 12valve cummins does. Sorry, had to pick on you a little.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Its always interesting seeing people from this forum for the first time. Its usually never what I picture in my mind. I too figured Hotrod for an old guy. Looks like your fresh out of high school in the tux picture. Lots of really cool pics. [thumbzup]

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It appears to be the 'BROWNING' logo on the front of your 'mini hot rod tractor puller'.

Is this correct? Why did you pick that particular logo? LOOKS WAY KEWL of course, just curious.

Timberwolf

Sweet Truck

what wheels are those ?

i have some 1600r20's that i want to put on my M35 when i chop the rear axle off and convert one of my M105 beds to fit it.

hot rod deuce

Hey That was my old man that did the perkins he took out the chevy and put the perkins in. It was in 1979 when all you could get was a 350 diesel (just a beefed up 350 olds)in a half ton. the truck only had 3K miles, from going and getting the new perkins in Texas from a surplus joint. Then the chopping began. By the time i got to it the perkins was long gone, she had seen a 400 and 502 in the mean time but for a daily driver i picked another 400 chev

yeah im not sure how that pic got in there, but anyway just outa high school is right. thats how i used to get so much stuff done. they were all "school projects" the cummins swap got me a whole score of credits in the math/Geometry department as well as welding and Ind arts. That 23 T bucked was another one that was a big time helper only went to schoold for about 3 hours a day the last two years and got all the right credits to go to colledge if i decide to

I fabbed the rims up from a total of 12. I cut the outside (as you look at a front wheels on the axle) and added it onto the same side of the next wheel. So there is realy two places for lock rings.

carguy455

COOL !

Cool Stuff ! You have a lot to show for your time here on earth !! Keep up the good work !!! I spent most of my younger days building car after car after car , so my lot looks a bit different , but I am trying to play catch up now at 39, but I will get there ! Some of you "kids" sure make me feel old and slow already ! Great collection of toys !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks