• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

our ranks are gone?

davidkroberts

I agree completely, most of my post are nothing but meaningless dribble. To have my ranking here based entirely on the amount of useless material that generates from me would be....... strangely similar to the military :roll: i guess now that im thinking about it.

Perhaps we should have two rank classifications
1. The overly serious poster who speaks nothing unless it is to quote TM manual numbers like a preacher feeling the spirit ( Cpl, Sgt, Maj, LtCol, Gen)
2. The goofball who gets on here because he likes talking to like minded individuals who also spend way too much money on big green machines that keeps the neighborhood guessing ( Recruit, Pvt Snowball, Grand Pumba):p

If there arent any objections from the floor can I change my ranking back to "Private" I would hate for someone to get the idea "I" actually know what im talking about.

N1265

Interesting thought... How do you get " demoted " here ?

Not following posted forum rules ? Being disrespectful to anybody,
regardless of Rank ? Or maybe going five years without any donation to the site or sanctiond SS event ?

I for one don't care either way about the " rank " but I am wondering how a " demotion " would work.

davidkroberts

well, i usually follow most rules and being disrespectful is rude. As soon as im in the country when SS has an event im planning on showing up...... hmmmm. Not sure how a demotion would work maybe if i toped out at my current military reserve ranking as a Sgt? Or my civil service rank of GS-13. That would be easier to remember. If you ever figure out how its done i still am partial to "Grand Pumba" if its possible.;-)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I was a VFW Post Commander, I got mail addressed to "Grand Dragon".
Kinda liked that one.
Not a good idea though.
Eric
CBVET
Grand Dragon, isn't that a Chinese takeout place?:razz:

SasquatchSanta

Not to break cadence with a light hearted thread but this morning I'm wearing my Captain Curmudgeon hat.

Concerning rank and reputation, there is one member that is so deep into post whoreing, obviously for the purpose of making rank, and shooting from the hip in his opinions that it is downright entertaining. Whenever I log onto the site I usually check to see if this character has recently posted --- just to see his latest and greatest. I think I'm going to put a few lumps of coal in his stocking this Christmas --- Ho Ho Ho.

On a more serious note, posting whores and opinionated hip shooters aside, on the Internet, when it comes to search engine ratings, content is king and SS is a content site. Even though the bots don't know good content from horse feathers those of us that supply good content do a good service not only for other SS members but also for the site.

Jones

I guess I've been looking at my rank(ing) all wrong. The first thing that came to MY mind was 'Jeez, do I really chatter like a magpie this much?'

And how will we distinguish a mechanic smiley from a post whore smiley? They both spend a lot of time on their backs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks