• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OUT AND ABOUT WITH MY HMMWV

DHumvee

My Humvee gets a lot of out and about time for lots of ranch work and play
Nice truck! How does the Red Dot do with a soft top? I'm trying wondering if it's worth hooking mine up since I'm going with going with a soft top. It was low 100's heat index here today. Also if you don't mind, how do you have it mounted on the roof? Pictures and description PLEASE! : )

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice truck! How does the Red Dot do with a soft top? I'm trying wondering if it's worth hooking mine up since I'm going with going with a soft top. It was low 100's heat index here today. Also if you don't mind, how do you have it mounted on the roof? Pictures and description PLEASE! : )
Neat Idea! It looks like the condenser is mounted on the roll bar out back behind the curtain.

Opinions are like other parts, but some sort of cool air on a hundred degree day has to be better than none.
Lots of folks with steel trucks report that they report in a cool and comfortable with a Red Dot AC.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looking for one. No turret yet.
I couldn't resist the turret comment before.
Riding around in LA makes you a brave soul.

Remember, the strongest part of that truck is the bumper if things go south.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes stock tires with balanced at best but I have also the "liquid mercury wheel balancers" that makes a big difference.

Oh I found a picture playing in the water.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes stock tires with balanced at best but I have also the "liquid mercury wheel balancers" that makes a big difference.

That is an interesting picture with your truck in the creek - or maybe the mudhole.
I personally wouldn't want to clean it up afterward but it sure looks like you were having a big time!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Those sure look like repackaged Centramatics at twice the price, I use the Centramatics on both of my 998s and they make a world of difference

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the DuraVee to town and got my hair cut today, I had to use a little BTM transversing the incline at 45deg.
IMG_20210901_111049807_HDR.jpg
Dang kids leaving their toys laying around always makes it more challenging!
IMG_20210901_111105764_HDR.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks