• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2016 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

bhasbrou

You look pretty new at SS; so welcome from here in Virginia.
Thanks Ahab! I've been lurking around here for awhile now. Got my 5 ton about a year and a half ago but haven't done much with it up to this point. Finally got my CDL. Looking to give her some needed attention this season and have some fun with her.

Another Ahab

Thanks Ahab! I've been lurking around here for awhile now. Got my 5 ton about a year and a half ago but haven't done much with it up to this point. Finally got my CDL. Looking to give her some needed attention this season and have some fun with her.
If you can get yourself to a rally, you'll find a goldmine of advice and support. It's not always easy to arrange and schedule, but there's a lot of help out there if you can connect with it. Please keep us posted. :popcorn::beer:

cucvrus

Hello! Do we have a date yet? Some guy just told me he don't have time to go 4 wheeling. He works 40 hours a week. I said yea I know how that is. I used to have a part time job myself.

Shenkman sets it all up, so we're pretty much at the mercy of him. He does a great job so nobody really complains if he picks a bad weekend for this person or that person. It's probably not gonna be April 7-9 because that's the machine gun shoot, and not April 21-23 because that's the Sussex show, and not May 12-14 because that's the Aberdeen show. Personally, I'd prefer it to be after those shows so we all don't show up with broken, dirty trucks. :razz:

cucvrus

Anyone that wants to go to Rausch Creek let me know. I am ready. I know a couple guys in the group that went off with our group are ready also. So lets get rolling on this ASAP. Most of you guys that went wheeling in the same group I was in don't have show trucks anyway. So if you want to go lets set a date and hit the trails full force. I am getting a few other guys that have 4WD's to go. This is NOT a Steel Soldiers sponsored event just a get together of off road vehicles. So if you want to go lets go. Lets all get a date set and go. I am ready.

Another Ahab

Anyone that wants to go to Rausch Creek let me know. I am ready. I know a couple guys in the group that went off with our group are ready also. So lets get rolling on this ASAP. Most of you guys that went wheeling in the same group I was in don't have show trucks anyway. So if you want to go lets set a date and hit the trails full force. I am getting a few other guys that have 4WD's to go. This is NOT a Steel Soldiers sponsored event just a get together of off road vehicles. So if you want to go lets go. Lets all get a date set and go. I am ready.
Hey, cucvrus, you sound like you're holding back:

- You're SURE now you want to go, right?!

cucvrus

Hey, cucvrus, you sound like you're holding back:

- You're SURE now you want to go, right?!
I still have an M1009 and that makes 3 more seats. Terminus M1009 is ready to go. I drive that is for sure. You ride. I have 1 rule and I don't listen to country music. The rule is no twittering. Helmets are optional. Seatbelts are required. Have a great day.

Another Ahab

I still have an M1009 and that makes 3 more seats. Terminus M1009 is ready to go. I drive that is for sure. You ride. I have 1 rule and I don't listen to country music. The rule is no twittering. Helmets are optional. Seatbelts are required. Have a great day.
Not even ONE lick of some hillbilly racket?!

Your offer is mighty kind, but can't live without the Nashville noise, you're a very good man to make the generous offer but with extreme and heartfelt sadness I must decline.

But, you know.
Maybe, NEXT time! :naner::beer:

cucvrus

loll its easy to say that when you have a little truck
Easy to say what? Big truck is easier to wheel. I wheel with 5 tons every time we go. That makes by confidence higher. I have been extracted from deep water by a 5 ton. But I seen 5 tons getting extracted from deep water also. How little is big? And how big is little? It is fun anyway you shake it. And fun is what it is all about. Sitting parked. Not so fun. Are you ready to go?

cucvrus

Not unless they just changed the rules since last week. Seatbelts are a no brainer and you must have a roof on the vehicle. If no roof a rollbar is required. So to my knowledge NO to the roll bar. Yes to the seat belts.

I

• Snow
  • 36° / 16°

Park Hours
  • Fri, Sat : 8AM - 6PM
  • Sun : 8AM - 5PM

[h=1]RULES & REGULATIONS[/h]
  1. Before entering the park, members are required to check in at the Office, pay admission, and pick-up a wristband and vehicle tag.GROUPS SHOULD EXCHANGE CELL NUMBERS SO THEY CAN CONTACT EACH OTHER IN THE EVENT OF LATE ARRIVALS. It will be up to each group to send someone back to the office to pick up late arrivals. So please exchange cell phone numbers with each other.
  2. The minimum group size is two vehicles.
  3. Members shall keep their membership card with them at all times and keep their wristband on during their visit. Vehicles must have the proper vehicle tag in plain sight.
  4. Members wishing to camp overnight prior to their day of wheeling must make appropriate arrangements prior to their visit. Campers who are still in the park past 10:00 AM the following day shall be required to pay for that additional day.
  5. Seatbelt use is mandatory.
  6. All vehicles should have at least one tow point, a full-size spare, and either a rollcage or a hard top.
  7. All street legal vehicles must be insured. All drivers must hold a valid drivers license and be covered by an automobile insurance policy. Competition rigs are welcome.
  8. No littering. Pack in and pack out everything. Designated campfire areas are for cooking and burning of firewood only. All campfires must be put out when leaving the camping area. Check at the Office for any Burn Ban advisories.
  9. Quiet hours at the camping areas are 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM.
  10. All vehicles must be off the trails by DUSK, except for repair or recovery purposes. Nighttime wheeling is prohibited!
  11. Anyone observed drinking and driving will permanently lose their membership privileges and their affiliated club will be sanctioned. No alcohol is allowed on the property except for the camping area. Alcohol may be consumed only AFTER you are done wheeling for the day and only in the camping area. Do not walk around the comp course with alcohol. Do not drive around the trails with alcohol in your vehicle, leave it at camp.
  12. Stay on designated trails. Do not park vehicles where they might block a trail. Do not drive past the park’s boundary markers or around gates. Cross streams only at designated stream crossings. Traffic may cross over or drive upon the Water Line only where it is part of a designated trail. Avoid bushwacking around muddy trails so we can keep our muddy trails muddy. Members should not drive through the hunt club’s food plots. If you stack rocks to get through an obstacle, UNSTACK them please!!
  13. Members should check the posted map at the Office for information about possible trail closures and updates on new trails.
  14. Any person observing a violation of these rules or any unsafe or suspect behavior will report it to their club representative or a Park officer as soon as possible.
  15. Members who disregard the rules of Rausch Creek Off-Road Park, or pose a safety threat to themselves or other Members, will be ejected from the park without a refund. Repeated violations will result in loss of membership.
  16. Members must report all accidents and injuries immediately. We reserve the right to charge for recovery assistance.

Rausch Creek Off-Road Park

• Fri, Sat : 8AM - 6PM
  • Sun : 8AM - 5PM

website crafted by venture4wd
info@venture4wd.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks