• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2014 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

shenkmen

I am trying to be there Saturday morning. What time do you hit the trials on Saturday ?
We plan around 10am for the trails, but it always seems like we can't get moving fast enough come sunrise. If you're there around 9am, it will give you time for the rest of us to wake up, and for you to sign in at the office, get paid up and get your wristbands so you're able to go out on the trails.
There are always a bunch of us chomping at the bit and then guys who are slow to get rolling in the mornings. Let's aim for 9am. We need to get everyone paid and lined up.
Let say 9:30. Have your trucks warmed up and ready to go at 9:30. We'll have a quick, 5 minute, drivers' meeting and then hit the trails.

Last edited:

shenkmen

Early arrivals / saving space.
We need those who arrive first to reserve space for the group. Attached to this post is pic of Rausch Creek with a RED ARROW pointing to where we camp.

Last year there were traffic cones outside a shed near the Rausch Creek office. The pic attached has an ORANGE ARROW pointing to where the cones were.

Can the folks who get there first please reserve our space for us? Current guess is space for at approximately 30+ vehicles. Spread those cones out.

Thanks

PaFarmer

If joe is not awake at the appropriate time, we can fire up his truck and take him for a ride. There is nothing like getting bounced out of bed, to wake a person up.

shenkmen

If joe is not awake at the appropriate time, we can fire up his truck and take him for a ride. There is nothing like getting bounced out of bed, to wake a person up.
My deuce never bounces. It's smooooooth.

Now get off the computer. You have an appointment this afternoon which you cannot be late for.

daddy2

I would love to join all of you again this year. The M36 shipping container 10,000 is ready for the trip, but work this year won't allow it. I haven't even told the kids about the spring event, because they would hate me more than they do already. I haven't got much more done on the truck any how so nothing new to show. Have a safe trip to all and post plenty of pics.

PaFarmer

We will miss you and your truck. It is a sight to see a shipping container on wheels lumbering down the trail.

BostonPatriot28

I'm leaving Friday morning with my M1009 CUCV I should be there between 11 am and noon shenkman has my cell # if needed. As of right now it looks like I won't be staying saturday or sunday still trying to make it work. see you guys there

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any word from psychobob? Sometimes he just shows up Friday morning to hold our spot, but he rarely chimes in that he's coming. Last time he showed to this rally was last Spring.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks