• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2014 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's always a fun time at Rausch Creek! Even when the rain starts falling sideways!

It's a shame they don't have small fixed pavilions at RC like they do at Haspin, Having them might've kept a few campers around until Sunday morning.

Either way, still had a great time, was good to see the die-hards that did show up despite the threat of rain. It's not Springtime without an RC run!

bonedoc

We didn't make it. I'm sure many were deterred by the rain. We WILL be there next year. Definitely attending the show a Sussex fair grounds at the end of April. Weather is breaking, search for our first deuce is on!!

camogriz

I had a great time as well, despite the fuel filter hiccup on Saturday morning and the 7 hour ride home. My rear driveshaft broke on the way home about 10 miles from Rausch Creek (190 miles from my destination). I removed the rear driveshaft and drove home in 4 wheel drive. We will see if any fluid remains in the transfer case after the driveshaft removal and the now opened up tailshaft housing for those 190 miles. I did make it home, so hopefully enough is still in there to keep the transfer case from destroying itself. Thanks to Irishvin for staying with me and actually towing my trailer for over 100 miles (I was trying to keep as little strain as possible on my compromised drivetrain), despite his own alternator trouble. It was an interesting ride home in the pouring rain to say the least. Even the smallest convoy (2 vehicles) can be a big advantage. It was really great to see everyone. Thanks to all who helped diagnose my fuel filter trouble. See you in the fall.

irishvin

I had a great time as well, despite the fuel filter hiccup on Saturday morning and the 7 hour ride home. My rear driveshaft broke on the way home about 10 miles from Rausch Creek (190 miles from my destination). I removed the rear driveshaft and drove home in 4 wheel drive. We will see if any fluid remains in the transfer case after the driveshaft removal and the now opened up tailshaft housing for those 190 miles. I did make it home, so hopefully enough is still in there to keep the transfer case from destroying itself. Thanks to Irishvin for staying with me and actually towing my trailer for over 100 miles (I was trying to keep as little strain as possible on my compromised drivetrain), despite his own alternator trouble. It was an interesting ride home in the pouring rain to say the least. Even the smallest convoy (2 vehicles) can be a big advantage. It was really great to see everyone. Thanks to all who helped diagnose my fuel filter trouble. See you in the fall.
glad to here you made it home alright. Was a interesting ride home indeed. Got my truck home this morning and picking up new alt tommrow. Thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks