• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Packing Bearings

Jeff Nelson

Lets hear it??????:D
It's called "Dear, can you help me with this? My hands are too sore right now and I can't get the grease in the bearing..." Believe it or not, it has worked. What really irks me though, is the my wife can help change a starter or grease a bearing and will only get her fingertips dirty. I can't walk within 10 feet of the thing and I'm covered with dirt. As a matter of fact, if I even dream of it at night, I wake up covered in grease. Go figure.

gungearz

A old old man tought me once to always have a toaster oven in the garage. To reuse the bearing, supposedly clean them up with non clorinated brake cleaner. Pack them by hand, then put them in a metal ash try in the toaster oven at 275 degrees for 15 minutes. Then let cool. Pack them again by hand and your done.

shadowrwolf

A old old man tought me once to always have a toaster oven in the garage. To reuse the bearing, supposedly clean them up with non clorinated brake cleaner. Pack them by hand, then put them in a metal ash try in the toaster oven at 275 degrees for 15 minutes. Then let cool. Pack them again by hand and your done.

wonder how many will use there kitchen ovens for this now....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use quality grease and get it in the bearing any way you can. I use both methods and the ziplock method as well for spare bearings. I think the quality of the grease is more important then the method used.

ryan77

Well as far as grease goes i would use a high temp grease such lucas! What do u guys think?? Heres 5 more pages Dave!!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brand is not the issue.

Depending on application, you need the appropriate type of grease.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've converted all my stuff to synthetic grease.

Reference page count, that is very subjective to one's settings. This thread is only 2 pages for me. A more accurate and universal way to voice your opinion on the duration of a thread would be number of posts. This should be 59 unless someone posts while I'm typing.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
K, no more buckets of GAA?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks