• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painted the 82 deuce today (pics)

bryan70546

Wow, that looks great. Would you be able to give us the color breakdown on the 36 cans? How many green/black/browns did you end up using? Did you paint over the existing CARC pattern w/the correct color? Or did you paint the entire truck in green and then added the black/brown?
Mike
Yes i painted over the orignal carc but i sanded down most of the truck .I dont really know how many cans i used I went through one whole case when i first started . So it would be 3 cans green carc 383 sub, 3 cans flat black , 3 cans earth brown carc sub oh and 3 more cans of green .had to order another case of 12 but , so now i have 1 can of green left , and 4 cans of brown and a bunch of flat black .:-D I did not care for the rapco flat black it had to much of a luster , So used some flat black i got off ebay and it turned out great .

Last edited:

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My trigger finger hurts just looking at it.:razz: Looks very nice Bryan. Drive it while you can before the F___(Love) Bugs come out and mess up your paint.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'd call that job about as good as it gets Bryan. Truck looks outstanding!!
You need to drive her to the GA Rally so when can see how it's done!!:razz:

bryan70546

Thanks everyone I cant take all the credit my self my Brother in law Darrell is the one with a steady hand he showed me how to feather in the lines and did alot of the work at first , then I took over it was a team effort . I see nobody can even see the muffler underneith the cage and the higher then normal stack .Perfect just what i was going for:-D

bryan70546

So how's it sound with the new muffler?
Nice and quiet running around town , Have not had a chance to take her on the highway and bring up the RPMs to see how much of a diffrence its made , But at least now You can talk without screaming at the top of your lungs ,plus i can hear myself fart now and talk on the phone:-D

Spongeidys

can you link me to the paint you used? i want to attempt this one day... i used 25 something spray cans to paint my one k5 blazer.. but over time it faded really bad and started to peel

skidder

Hay bryan , what engine do you have that new muffler on . an have you lost any power?? GOT pictures ?? an what kind NAPA ? make an mod of muffler ?? skidder

bryan70546

Here are a few more pics we started on the stenciling but had to stop due to rain .AGAIN
Will it ever stop.We also got the high beam indicator working which was bugging the crap out of me .:-Dwe also took a razor to the front side and rear glass and scraped off years of junk paint and just alot of mess now she has crystal clear glass .

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks