• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painted the m998 today, Gettin ready for Durhamtown !!

auctionaddict

Sprayed her with SW solvent based CARC.. Have not decided if I will camo it yet. Kinda like it green !
That paint is rough on you ! I wore a suit and respirator and still feel like crap !!

Turned out good !

bef.jpgbefo.jpg
aft.jpgafte.jpgafter.jpg

nattieleather

If you shooting real CARC paint you should have air supplied respirator, safety goggles, as well as the suite. Be careful as you don't want to risk your health for the hobby. Truck looks great!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's my understanding that CARC is no different then any polyurethane based paint as far as toxicity.
The air supplied resperator is required for in booth or indoors painting by all means....open air painting with CARC I use a good resperator, gloves and suit....I do not spray CARC inside.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you get one of those solar battery chargers you get multiple 24v hookups.
Solargizers are not battery chargers....perhaps you mean the pulse tech units ?
i have used them....they are pretty cool. Most of these time they come with no fuses.
you can piece a full unit together off eBay for under 150.00

FloridaAKM

The SW paint you are talking about, is abrasive to the paint gun & very sensitive to moisture in the air when exposed to air. Its great paint for the price & needs a primer to grab to. Even mixing it requires it to be sealed away from atmospheric moisture, according to SW instructions for use. I have dealt with the SW reps before posting this info...

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I shoot the CARC in a cheap,30.00 paint gun, can throw them away when done. Most come with a 1.4 to 1.7 tip.
Thin the paint with MEK or equivalent.....my paint jobs turn out gorgeous. A cool day is best, not cold, not hot...70's is great. practice on cardboard...thin till is shoots clean and no egg shell or splattering.
you can paint right over old prepped CARC...if you have bare surface, you need to buy their epoxy primer.
You don't want to apply the epoxy primer over a painted surface.....

For thinning,I use the 3 second rule....stir, pull stick and watch the paint run off the stick and count to 3, at 3 secs it should start to drip off, not run off...the outside air temp will dictate the amount of thinning required.

sheepdog concept

Went by SW store here today and they say this paint is Epoxy two part is that right? They were not an automotive store but said they could order it. Does anyone know what the color codes are for a USMC HMMWV or can point me to that? I have a couple of spots to touch up where they ground off some letters and numbers etc. Thank's in advance.

5.jpg

6.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks