• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting my m35a2 think the color is off.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would you guys please verify the color for me? this doesn't look right to me. I started spraying this morning and stopped after letting a portion of the truck dry and realized it was too bright for my liking. what do you think?
DSC_0157.jpgDSC_0156.jpg

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Suggestions, in order of preference :

1) Rustoleum rattlecan deep forest green. Cheap, easy, and yu can do the truck a little at a time. Easy to touch up, and readily available.

2) Behr housepaint.

3) milspec CARC available from Sherwin Williams special coatings.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definitely not "383 Green", but just a generic "Forest Green". You can also do Rapco-rattle cans if you want, but I find the paint from most rattle-cans scratch easily.

Be advised that Rapco isn't quite as flat as CARC, a little more on the "egg shell" side for sheen.

http://www.rapcoparts.com/manuals.html

Last edited:

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very hard to tell from a photo, it does look a bit bright to me, but I've seen lots of veriations over the years. As many MV's say, it's your truck! Depending on where the paint came from, maybe it can have some color added to darken it up! Or finish the truck and enjoy the ride! If anyone doesn't like that, tell them to pay for the paint anf you'll redo it!

Again, enjoy!

Just my 2cents!

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thank you! I appreciate the words of wisdom! I bought the paint from lowes since there wasn't a home depot near. Thought they would be similar. I will def go to home depot and get some behr. First ill finish this paint as a good primer and try again ill post an update. Again Thank you! hopefully after reading the "cant post pics" thread ill figure out how to post more than one pic at a time.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thank you! I appreciate the words of wisdom! I bought the paint from lowes since there wasn't a home depot near. Thought they would be similar. I will def go to home depot and get some behr. First ill finish this paint as a good primer and try again ill post an update. Again Thank you! hopefully after reading the "cant post pics" thread ill figure out how to post more than one pic at a time.
That sounds like a fine idea to me.

I use rattlecan over intact but faded CARC. The CARC provides the rust protection and durability and the rattlecan is more or less just cosmetic.

Where CARC isn't intact and rust has attacked, out comes the sandblaster.

If you're doing the whole truck at once, I think the behr housepaint is the way to go. Color codes for the 383 match are available in the paint forum of SS.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Add a couple of big bolts out the side, paint the cab cover black, and name it Herman Munsterdeuce. :)
-that's more like "The Hulk" green. Finish off and see what is does. It wont be the first paint job re-done....

infidel got me

I painted part of my first truck almost that same color. It looked ok on the paint stick, but on a larger scale it had too much of a KERMIT look to it. I went back to H. depot and purchased more paint of the correct color, but as stated its your truck, it may grow on you.

Behr ultra#
37030- black
30051- brown and I cant find the # for the 383 green cause I deviated from that color a little bit.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And if you have a LATEX spray guy there's no mixing, it goes from Behr can, thru the gun and on to the truck! Almost effortless!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks