• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting soft top?

Ddk2001

I'm looking at picking up an M998 locally - and the body is painted camo but it has a (brand new) tan 4-man soft top kit. I'm wondering whether I would be able to paint the top and doors with fabric/vinyl paint - or whether I'd be better off swapping out the top and doors.

I've looked at several fabric/vinyl paint products - and none some in the right color (Krylon, etc).

Any thoughts?

-D

Jakob1944

I'm looking at picking up an M998 locally - and the body is painted camo but it has a (brand new) tan 4-man soft top kit. I'm wondering whether I would be able to paint the top and doors with fabric/vinyl paint - or whether I'd be better off swapping out the top and doors.

I've looked at several fabric/vinyl paint products - and none some in the right color (Krylon, etc).

-D

Wal-mark has various flat cammo paint in rattle cans.....I don't know if it will work but if so a cheap fix.....
Any thoughts?

westtek

I have gotten CARC paint on my top before. It will not come off. Even if you try.
I just painted truck with Marquee. Next weather window, I'm going to try painting the top with Marquee. It can be used on vinyl too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks