• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting soft top?

Ddk2001

I'm looking at picking up an M998 locally - and the body is painted camo but it has a (brand new) tan 4-man soft top kit. I'm wondering whether I would be able to paint the top and doors with fabric/vinyl paint - or whether I'd be better off swapping out the top and doors.

I've looked at several fabric/vinyl paint products - and none some in the right color (Krylon, etc).

Any thoughts?

-D

Jakob1944

I'm looking at picking up an M998 locally - and the body is painted camo but it has a (brand new) tan 4-man soft top kit. I'm wondering whether I would be able to paint the top and doors with fabric/vinyl paint - or whether I'd be better off swapping out the top and doors.

I've looked at several fabric/vinyl paint products - and none some in the right color (Krylon, etc).

-D

Wal-mark has various flat cammo paint in rattle cans.....I don't know if it will work but if so a cheap fix.....
Any thoughts?

westtek

I have gotten CARC paint on my top before. It will not come off. Even if you try.
I just painted truck with Marquee. Next weather window, I'm going to try painting the top with Marquee. It can be used on vinyl too.