• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking brake handle relocation

DB556

Well as the title said I'm thinking about relocating my parking brake handle from the left to right side of the drivers seat.

For three reasons; access, not catching my pants on it, and the parking brake cable is in the way of my extra tool box and knuckle boom crane components.

So the question is has anybody done it before?
Searching didn't get my much other than threads on rebuilding and replacing the parking brake cable.

Now I have a older whale tail handle with the old style cable, on the truck I also have a new style handle in my shed but with now cable.
I've shortened push pull cables before, so that wont be to bad. But I'm guessing I'll have to add some support to the floor section there.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have no idea what you are missing with your whale tail.
The gentle feeling of impalement with the new style handle when one slides off the seat just slightly the wrong way when getting out of the truck. Yup, brake's on! No light needed!

I don't see why it cannot be relocated. It is a lever and a pull cable. You are right about it needing a length adjustment and a reinforcement plate to mount on to prevent warping but that should be straightforward. Pics when you do it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks