• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking M923 in Glendale, AZ Residential Neighborhood

redneck20

My neighbors 52 motorhome has a dry weight of 21500 lbs. My 5-ton dry weighs in at about 16000. I hope they do something about his motorhome as it overhangs the sidewalk by about 4 inches.
How is yours only 16k??? I ran mine thru the scales and weighed empty at 21000

Also I'm at 35th ave and bell if you need temp storage

Edit: just saw the post on the weight

phxmark

How is yours only 16k??? I ran mine thru the scales and weighed empty at 21000

Also I'm at 35th ave and bell if you need temp storage

Edit: just saw the post on the weight
MVD has it in their records as weighing that much. Either they mis-keyed it or the info supplied to them when it was first registered was incorrect. I called them today and they said there was no difference in registration fees if I was to have it corrected.

The info isn't printed on the title or registration, just internal to their system.

saddamsnightmare

June 10th, 2014.

phxmark:

The weight may not be correct on the DMV system as to the tare weight, but the actual tare weight is on the dta plate and if the DOT officers weigh your truck and find it has been wrongly entered as to tare weight, they will cite you, not the clerk who made the error. I would correct it ASAP before you do get fined.:grin:

Doug Roberts

go to your local 4 Wheel Parts store and buy a 'Train Horn' ... install it seperate from your standard horn of course. Have your attorney contest the citation with selective enforcement , and start a series of passive aggressive acts that don't lead back to you with concrete evidence

phxmark

go to your local 4 Wheel Parts store and buy a 'Train Horn' ... install it seperate from your standard horn of course. Have your attorney contest the citation with selective enforcement , and start a series of passive aggressive acts that don't lead back to you with concrete evidence
A few of my neighbors have these horns in their 4x4s. One blasts his going down the road at about midnight when he gets home from work on weekends.

I was thinking of replacing the stock horns with something a little more manly sounding anyways.

saddamsnightmare

June 14th, 2014.

Not suggesting that you do it, but don't bother with the 3 & 5 chime locomotive horns, they take up too much space, and consume too much air. Look for a Nathan KS-1 Airchime horn, only one bell and one note, good for about 3 miles + on a still wind day. We used to use them on switching locomotives, not much charm but lots of sound, and cheaper then the bigger units. The problem with any visible locomotive horn on a motor vehicle is that most State troopers can ticket you for excessive noise and not a highway use approved horn.... Plus the larger units will get stolen off of your truck, don't ask me how I know, but many on E-Gay are not from scrapped locomotives.....:-D

phxmark

Evidently, having the vehicle registered and insured as a RECREATIONAL VEHICLE, which mine is, is enough to get the city Code Compliance off my back.

Dieseljoe3

Same here, I don't live in city limits, but a neighborhood snitch called the county sheriff and said I was breaking a HOA rule. When the deputy arrived and asked me if that was my truck (to which I proudly said, "you betcha," the deputy said that my truck was bad to the bone, and he wished he had one too. Well, he mentioned the complaint and I told him I'd move it soon. I then looked up the HOA rules (of which I am not a paying member) and the rules also mention a weight class for commercial vehicles being prohibited for parking. No worries, I have RV parking down the road, but I still bring the truck over to the house on days I'm working on it...which happens to be often, of course. And, yes, the neighborhood has campers, trailers, and boats in the yards.

On a side note, a neighbor asked how the truck was doing and wondering when he could get a ride...I told him I need to pick a VW out of the tire tread first, lol.

tactical45

nice looking truck phxmark

we just sold our home and bought a 21000 sq ft warehouse that we are now living in and conveniently able to store all our vehicles.

just sayin,

good luck with your neighbor

tactical45

We are learning to other things with our time and resources besides cutting grass and shoveling snow. Commercial tenants are paying our mortgage and we're rebuilding 5 ton trucks and having a blast.

phxmark

As an update to my dilemma, City of Glendale gave me 5 days to remove the vehicle from my property. I did learn that the person that complained does not even live on my street. After pressing the Code Compliance person, there is a neighborhood advocate that has been turning complaints into the city. The CC person told me that the majority of notices she writes are for the square mile area I live in. She said her area covers several square miles of the city but my area get the most complaints. Seems we have a BUSY BODY that has nothing better to do with their life but complain. I guess they think their stuff doesn't stink.

I am not going to move it and fight this since I only use it as a RECREATIONAL VEHICLE. The way the city codes are written, a 1-ton dually pickup truck would be against code to park in a residential neighborhood.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Per the website rules, Do not talk about any pending or future litigation.

One of the reasons we have this rule in place is because a member is currently serving 5 years for posting info that was used against him.

phxmark

Had to sell my m923. Sad day. Now on to looking for an older M35 with a radio box that I can convert to an RV so I can tell the city to stuff it next time.

Woodsplinter

Had to sell my m923. Sad day. Now on to looking for an older M35 with a radio box that I can convert to an RV so I can tell the city to stuff it next time.
Sad to hear but I hope you got top dollar- if the EPA is truly banning further sales of MV's to civilians, I would expect prices of existing trucks to skyrocket soon. Can you say $25,000 for a bare bones M35? It might happen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks