• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Partially Naked 1008

cjkeeliii

Well, I got the bed off of the beast tonight-and didn't use any cuss words. But, it was still a pain in the neck. Each bolt had its own issues, but the majority came out after I drilled off the bolt head and drove them through the bed with a cold chisel. Two bolts could not be driven through and had to be cut from underneath. Only one nut came off its bolt. Now that the bed is off I have the following projects planned:

Have exhaust repaired where it cracked after a tire threw its tread (the tread also beat the bed and tailpipe mercilessly before it separated from the tire).

Re-route the exhaust so it exits under the bumper in case of another tire failure

Add a second fuel tank. Any body want to sell a correct fuel filler mouth and cap for the 1008?

New shocks as they are factory originals.

Replace old bed with a steel flatbed.

Is there anything else I should do while the bed is off?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks