• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Partially Naked 1008

cjkeeliii

Well, I got the bed off of the beast tonight-and didn't use any cuss words. But, it was still a pain in the neck. Each bolt had its own issues, but the majority came out after I drilled off the bolt head and drove them through the bed with a cold chisel. Two bolts could not be driven through and had to be cut from underneath. Only one nut came off its bolt. Now that the bed is off I have the following projects planned:

Have exhaust repaired where it cracked after a tire threw its tread (the tread also beat the bed and tailpipe mercilessly before it separated from the tire).

Re-route the exhaust so it exits under the bumper in case of another tire failure

Add a second fuel tank. Any body want to sell a correct fuel filler mouth and cap for the 1008?

New shocks as they are factory originals.

Replace old bed with a steel flatbed.

Is there anything else I should do while the bed is off?