• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parting out a pair of M530 fire trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDToumanian

Hello Group,
I am parting out a pair of M530 deuce fire trucks for a friend who does not have the time or interest in pulling little bits and pieces... He uses a torch, not a wrench, but recognizes that collectors will likely want a lot of stuff off these. I tried to talk him into selling them intact rather than part them out, and if someone is interested in a complete truck, act quickly and I will ask him what he wants for the whole thing - he would probably do it. They are very rusty though.... Most of the sheet metal has holes in it. They are also both rather crunched up, as the pictures show. One engine is complete and would probably run, it's a White with D-turbo. The other engine is incomplete. Both have air assisted steering. All PTOs, pumps, etc. are intact. Lots of gauges and valves...

You can post what you want here or send me a PM, I will make lists and then ask the owner for prices, and I will be doing the pulling and shipping, etc. I hate to do it, and I wanted to buy one of them myself, but I try to be positive and think, "Some trucks must die so that others may live..."

Regards,
Jon

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BFR, don't you need the t-case pto, for your knuckleboom?

jasonjc

PM sent Thank you very much.:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
add too the PM list I also need the caps for the pipes on the control panles.
Thank you

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Jon for offering to save those trucks! I'm sure Jason (Arkansas) appreciates it, I have seen his fire truck project. :)
On behalf of others, do you have a place to store them if somebody decided to pay for one or both (not me), just asking...?

Edit: BTW, do they have radiator shutters or was that a different firetruck ...I have some info on that somewhere...?

Last edited:

FrankUSMC

I will want the light and the guard off the roof. Jetnoise400 will pick up for me.
Also, see what he wants for all the storage doors (compartment doors) on the side of the trucks. I will PM Jetnoise about picking them up.
Thanks.
Jetnoise, your pile of parts is now getting bigger here......
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

JDToumanian

Hey Guys,
I got a lot of PMs, I'll check on prices and get more detailed pictures of some items and get back to everyone ASAP... I should be able to go over to the lot and see them again on Monday, I'll report back then.

On behalf of others, do you have a place to store them if somebody decided to pay for one or both (not me), just asking...?
Absolutely - I could towbar one to my house and keep it here if needed, but in a few days it will be too late - The front axles are going to be cut out, they are spoken for.

BTW, do they have radiator shutters or was that a different firetruck
No, that would have been cool though... One set for you, one set for me!

Also, see what he wants for all the storage doors (compartment doors) on the side of the trucks.
There's a lot of interest in the doors, I got PMs for these too... I am going to get closer pictures, as some of the doors are rusty. Also, on the top of one of the trucks, there is a big pile of doors, I need to see what they are for and what their condition is.

Jon

FrankUSMC

Jon
If you have other PMs on the side compartment doors, then I will withdraw my offer for them. Let them go to some one that needs them. My doors are ok, I wanted the doors as extras. I saw in the photos that the doors were still there and did not want to see them get crushed.
As a side note on the side doors to other M530 owners, keep the hinges will oiled, if not the sheet area around the door will bend. That is the one area we had problems with on the M530 during the time I drove them.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

jasonjc

what ever became of these??? You got me all worked up then nothing. This is as bad as my last date:cry::cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks