• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parting out a pair of M530 fire trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDToumanian

I also know where there is one.
For anyone that's looking for a complete truck, that one is the way to go. I haven't seen it in person, but from what I've heard (word gets 'round ya know) it's very nice. If I had the funds I'd get it myself.

Jon

JDToumanian

Hey Group,
Sorry to take so long getting back to this, I've been really busy this week and fighting a cold.

There's under-dash heaters in both trucks, I attached a pic... neat! Also, there's an ether start system on one of the trucks.

I've replied to the PMs I've recieved so far, here's some more pics and info:

which engines do they have?
The complete engine is a D with D turbo, the incomplete engine is a C missing it's turbo.

Looks like it has some nice spot lights. Maybe the same as tow trucks?
There's 3 or 4 spot lights but most of them are beat up. There's one that looks to be complete (the one on the side of the hard top) and in pretty good shape - $25 + shipping. I think they're different than wreckers and such, but I could be wrong.

USMC Frank is going to want whatever is left of the roof strobe and the brush guard for it.
I'll ask again about those, but I was hesitantly told that they were spoken for, not to anyone from this list...

If you have other PMs on the side compartment doors, then I will withdraw my offer for them. Let them go to some one that needs them. My doors are ok, I wanted the doors as extras. I saw in the photos that the doors were still there and did not want to see them get crushed.
The driver's side compartment doors are really rusted out... I told jasonjc that he could have them (free) if he needed them. If not, someone else can have them. The good compartment doors, which are the passenger's side on both trucks are $25 + shipping. These are still available.

Nothing is going to get scrapped without a "Final Call" post for any last requests. It will be a while before we get to that!

Some prices I was given:

Transfer case PTO, complete with linkages and brackets - $250 + shipping

Air assist steering, complete units - $750 + shipping

Front axle - $750 + shipping

Hose reels, with electric motors - $100 + shipping

If anyone needs any more info, let me know and I'll get back to you asap!

Regards,
Jon

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the thread is 5.5 years old my guess is that they are both gone........

Status
Not open for further replies.